free website stats program Air cleaners | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air cleaners

If all of us here were worried about EPA requirements we wouldn't be adding fuelers, re-jetting carbs, or any real performance upgrades.

Its not that any one is worried about EPA, it just there are many options to enhance the performance of your machine as you prefer. As in the auto world as Jack was comparing to as time goes on its going to become more and more expensive to upgrade or modify bike do to EPA requirements of emissions and exhaust systems. Time will tell but it seems to be heading that way.

Its not that any one is worried about EPA, it just there are many options to enhance the performance of your machine as you prefer. As in the auto world as Jack was comparing to as time goes on its going to become more and more expensive to upgrade or modify bike do to EPA requirements of emissions and exhaust systems. Time will tell but it seems to be heading that way.

Which is why I will continue upgrading and modifying my '02 FLHT and '05 FXSD. I would never say never but a new Harley is not in my foreseeable future.

As long as there are folks with "tinkeritis". There will always be affordable ways of getting around the EPA.

Which is why I will continue upgrading and modifying my '02 FLHT and '05 FXSD. I would never say never but a new Harley is not in my foreseeable future.

Agreed!

! point I would like to make here is altering the head brethers is probably the best and cheapest insurance 1 can have, consider this the stock set up goes in the back of the stock air filter then gets pulled in with the intake stroke (slowly). with the Screaming Eagle and Arlen Ness set up the mist is directed straight into the intake, now you tell me what I am missing here? Dolt, my brother Jeff and myself have chosen ways around it Boodeen too Are we breaking the law sure are we going to get caught I doubt it I for 1 will take my chances plus IMO HD cannot void a warranty because the oily mess is not getting burned in the engine JMHO

The only issue you might have is those who live in states with emission testing and I really doubt venting to the atmosphere would affect the testing but would rather give you a cleaner test result.
Worst case scenario, you switch it back before testing, 10 minute job.

Vent to the atmosphere is not a 25 years to life crime folks, emission testing sites don't know the difference and could care less, your engine either passes or it doesn't and venting won't be the deciding factor.

If your car, truck, or motorcycle fails an emissions test you've got something else going on.

Last edited:
I agree, Fl does not epa test any more so I will not worry, plus our engines are running cleaner so less hydro carbons has to be a plus

[QUOTE="Jack Klarich]Dolt, my brother Jeff and myself have chosen ways around it Boodeen too Are we breaking the law sure are we going to get caught I doubt it I for 1 will take my chances plus IMO HD cannot void a warranty because the oily mess is not getting burned in the engine JMHO[/QUOTE]

Where is this coming from? Sounds like you are taking issue with something I have posted on this subject. I have never made any negative comments regarding external venting; have been re-routing breathers forever. :confused:

Here is my breather filter
Breather%20Filter.jpeg

Attachments

• Breather Filter.jpeg
    Breather Filter.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Breather Hose 2.jpeg
    Breather Hose 2.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 20
Back