free website stats program 2014's are out | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014's are out

It is Com'n...The day will be here when the forums will only need "Electronic Gurus"...

No more nuts and bolts to deal with.

Hoople's of the forums will run things and the average Joe Blow with a wrench will be a thing of the Past...

Just pop a new something on, or Plug it in and pay the $$$$. Maybe a "Screwdriver and a Metric Crescent Wrench" will be all that is needed.......

I quit the Fancy electronics long ago BUT I am forced with all the new stuff I can only replace and NOT even check like a Hoople...

These bikes get More complicated for me every model year out.

No Disrespect for Hoople, it's MORE of a Complement... You'll be NEEDED More than ever.:s

The BUBBIE 's and Many others (who's MANY names I removed):newsmile099: will only be needed to Voice and Repair the antique bikes Way back into the early days of 2009 and before... Eh Jack?

What IS this biker world com'n to?

Because of HD's engine SIZEs getting toooo big for the ole gal to take.
Along with Way too much Heat and it IS right between our legs...

Special Shields along with Thick BLACK Skin donning Carhartts underneath, IS Needed on Todays bikes...What's going to be needed Tomorrow????

Anti-Freeze in a Harley?

Pretty soon, God Forbid, They WILL come out with Only ONE Hole for the OIL....

PROGRESS HUMMMPH

signed....BUBBIE

After taking a look at the whole lineup I have decided to stick with my 07 and add another 2yrs. to the ESP. By then it will be pushing 100,000 miles and I will rebuild it or deal it.

After taking a look at the whole lineup I have decided to stick with my 07 and add another 2yrs. to the ESP. By then it will be pushing 100,000 miles and I will rebuild it or deal it.

Kinda like getting a divorce...It's cheaper to keep her.:D

They've got about ten times as many specs for the radio as for the drivetrain, along with a touchscreen- just what every biker needs- and linked brakes with ABS, perfect for the man who doesn't know how his brakes work, and they don't even mention water-cooling, no specs or capacities for coolant, evidently hoping "twin-cooling" will trick traditionalists into thinking it doesn't have a radiator. They also have cell phone capability with the touchscreen readout.... Looks like there will no longer be any reason for a bagger pilot to keep his eyes on the road at all... Unfortunately for the rest of us on the road who actually like to RIDE our bikes.

I will crawl back under my rock now but will have more to add later.

Another web site talking about all the changes said 1.1 quart of water

What I find interesting is that all the other manufactures started copying Harley's way back when. In 2009 and working a t a Harley shop I stated that I guess my 2008 EG is the last of the true HD. When asked why, I stated that with the exhaust going under the frame and the header pipe was 2 into 1 into 2. Change in the tail lights, cat converters. It seemed Harley was starting to copy manufacturing ques from Import bikes. Looking at the pictures of the 2014, I see even more similar to Imports than ever before. Fairing and dash like a Wing, LED lights, Tour pack like a Kawasaki Voyager or Victory. And the initial pricing seems in line with competition. I mean no disrespect by this, but is it not interesting that Harley has succumbed to copying others. I am very interested how the are going to get the complete line water cooled with out looking hideous. So I guess time will tell....... Maybe this is the coming of the modern age at HD and change in 100 year old technology.....

Huh? Are you serious?:dknow
These bikes are sweet and look nothing like a Vic.

Quite serious. In fact, when I first stepped back to look at the rear profile of the '14 FLHTK, I said to my friend (also a H-D salesperson) that it reminded me of the Cross Country Tour.

To each their own, I guess. I just see nothing "ground-breaking" or impressive about this machine. The MoCo seems to be going in the wrong direction.

They've got about ten times as many specs for the radio as for the drivetrain, along with a touchscreen- just what every biker needs- and linked brakes with ABS, perfect for the man who doesn't know how his brakes work, and they don't even mention water-cooling, no specs or capacities for coolant, evidently hoping "twin-cooling" will trick traditionalists into thinking it doesn't have a radiator. They also have cell phone capability with the touchscreen readout.... Looks like there will no longer be any reason for a bagger pilot to keep his eyes on the road at all... Unfortunately for the rest of us on the road who actually like to RIDE our bikes.

I will crawl back under my rock now but will have more to add later.

Ain't you just a ray of unfiltered sunshine this morning! Let's face it dolt, the old school bikers who ride for the sake of riding are thining out. Harley has to find a way to appeal to the younger, Ipod crowd. I think these bikes are a good step in that direction. As far as distracted riders, have you taken a look at any Goldwing? More switches, screens and dials then a fighter plane, I haven't heard that Goldwing riders go down anymore than riders of any other brand. All in all, I'm excited about these new models.

Back