free website stats program 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero

I do agree with you.....any vehicle that inspires the individual I suppose could be considered to have a "soul". But for 99.9 percent of the posters on this site....including me......that ride is a Harley. That's why I am on HD Talking.......not Ducati Talking.:s

Interesting... Do my mothballed Harleys still have a soul? My 996 SPS I'm riding at the track later today does. I'm on HD Talking and couple Ducati forums.

Of course I knew this would turn into a "cult of Harley personality" chest thumping thread. :bigsmiley11:

I just find it so interesting that some can not tolerate any positive "thoughts" about a ride other than a what they are on. Be it a Harley, Ducati, BMW, Montesa or Honda.

Can't we all just ride together?:)

Interesting... Do my mothballed Harleys still have a soul? My 996 SPS I'm riding at the track later today does. I'm on HD Talking and couple Ducati forums.

Of course I knew this would turn into a "cult of Harley personality" chest thumping thread. :bigsmiley11:

I just find it so interesting that some can not tolerate any positive "thoughts" about a ride other than a what they are on. Be it a Harley, Ducati, BMW, Montesa or Honda.

Can't we all just ride together?:)

I agree with you that there are other bikes out there that inspire different types of riders. I was just trying to give you an explaination on why you will get responses on this site that only HD privides that inspiration......hence the 99.9% comment. It is all good! Personally I would like to try a Ducati or Guzzi some day.....just to see what all that hype is about. For now my HD provides me with what I want......a break from the technology of an automobile....my FXDC is simple and basic and to me that is what I want in a motorcycle!

For now my HD provides me with what I want......a break from the technology of an automobile....my FXDC is simple and basic and to me that is what I want in a motorcycle!

Simple... Basic.... HD 77 FXE Superglide. No computers, no sensors, no fuel management systems, no rubber mounts. It's an AMF, you know, from the years that Harley got it's name as a oil leaking, vibrates itself a part, terrible running motorcycle.

Want a break for the modern automobile? Why not also take a break from the modern motorcycle? Ride Classic American Iron if you really want the true Harley experience.

And yes, I have 2 of Harley's post-ShovelHead bikes. But when it's time to pull the first my HD's out of mothballs, it will be my FXE.:D

My other HD's will wait their turns. And it may be a long wait.:)

But I do think the 2011 Kawasaki Vaquero is a nice ride.

Want a break for the modern automobile? Why not also take a break from the modern motorcycle? Ride Classic American Iron if you really want the true Harley experience.

Unfortunately for me I don't have the finances for a collection like that. However.....every time I see a 1930's knuckle head I think how much I would love to take a turn behind the bars! Those 30's bikes just speak to me! Maybe someday!

Have always loved harleys for as long as I can remember, but speaking strictly "objectively", 1)japanese bikes always had, and always will have TERRIBLE resale value(%), 2)they never look quite as good as a Harley, always looking like a "cheap copy" of the real thing, and most importantly 3)NEVER sound as good as a Harley(not even close)......I just hope that "ugly" radiators never become standard equipment on my beloved Harleys:p

I haven't read all the commentary here, but I do have recent experience in the Japanese market-resale dept. I owned a stunningly beautiful 2002 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture that I bought new. I had 36,100 trouble-free miles on it. We decided this year to go out and buy a new Harley Ultra Limited. I had at least $18,200 into my Venture with all I added over the years. I bought it new, and it had the 5 year warrant on it. It was immaculate and was cared for like a family member. I did get it sold to a gentleman from North suburb of Minneapolis. I had it for sale for two months and finally got it sold in April for $8100. My Limited was $26,500 out the door. I intend to ride it as long as I did the Venture. When it comes time to sell it, I certainly hope to not lose $10,000 on the value of it. I know Kawasaki makes a good bike, but their resale is worse than Yamaha. Right now, the only bike I would consider instead of my Limited, is the Victory Cross-Country. I rode one of those last Fall. Man, that motor is potent! Very, very well built cycle. Just wanted to classic lines and sound of a Harley! I've been ogling Ultras for ten years, so I'm totally at peace with owning this one. Comes down to ride your ride. They all get you where you're going.

Yes, Japanese bikes have been copying Harleys for years. Kawasaki has really done a nice job on this one. I saw one in the showroom window recently and stopped to go in for a look. It is a beautiful bike. I had a Yahama Road Star. It was a great bike. My current Roadglide is so much more comfortable. The Roadstar had more power and better handling, Harleys comfort for long rides is heads above the Road Star. As a company HD has learned how to make the customer have a GREAT sales experience. The metric dealers offer a good at a great price, but the HD dealers make a big todo about your new purchase and make you feel part of a family of HD riders. The local dealers have frequent organized rides, cookouts, and band parties. In short you ride a metric bike you belong to a group when you ride a Harley!

I figure I would throw my two cents in. The topic started out really unbiased and soon turned to the classic lines from HD owners. IMHO, that is the problem with Harleys. It is the riders who are holding Harley back from being a better bike. The suspension is horrible and at times unsafe, brakes are like putting blocks of wood together. If you ride a vehicle around for 90,000 miles and change the brakes shocks and tires,it will feel like a new car. Same with the Harley, because many riders are so staunch in their loyalty, why should Harley change? Look how much they make after one buys the bike. Ha! You can bet that Harley reads the forums to see how the image is holding. Start talking the truth about them and they will respond. The argument maybe right about holding their values(except for touring models) but the Orient bikes are advancing so much that its better to go for the new one so the used depreciate more.
When I rode a jap bike, the common HD rider comment was I'm not into speed. I guess that is why there is a kadjillion variations of pipes and cams,piston kits and heads. Please just get honest! In defense of Harley, I had thought of buying a Goldwing but realized they look dated after only ten years while Harleys have the VW bug syndrome. I like the bike but do not worship my Harley. For me there is no such thing as soul in an inate object.

Boy....I love my harley....I wanted a harley for years...I have had jap want to be bikes, and never again.....I am gad I was able to get my first harley because I wouldnt ride aneything elce know....I never realy enjoyed riding like I do know...If I was unhappy with my ride Id sell it........Riding my harley is good for my soul.. If you dont understand why most of us love our bikes it ok...I bet your harley would make a good trade for a honda...No offence to ya...:)..Sorry...I just enjoy my ride:s

My brother made a comment when he seen my new harley - any teeth left from the shaking haha , my reply was its nice & smooth off idle - last I heard he is ready to trade in his suzuki for a harley . his reason wide seats & lots of luggage space when on tour,if you want top of line you buy harley , if you just want a bike anything else will do.

Back