free website stats program 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero

Yea, I was on my way to Brandon HD when I saw he was open. I'd seen his shop there before but never anyone working. I spoke with him..he seems to know his stuff and said he charges $50.00/hr for labor. He will do my 25k service for 200.00 plus material. I've got a trip to New Orleans planned in September so will probably let him do it right before I leav.e

Just one more thing to think about , ask yourself why all these different companies are copying the harley look and trying to come up with the sound , but they can't , it's because everyone wants a Harley but not everyone can afford one . That's when they go with alteratives like suzuki or kawasaki . My neighbor had a honda and when I 1st saw it thought it was a Harley , he sold it 4 years before I got mine . His wife told me when he saw mine he said ahhh he got a Harley because that's what he really wanted .

Tank you are right Harleys have a soul and that is why I will keep mine. I have riddin newer Harleys and I thought they were nice and then I get on my old beater and you know what, it rides as good as any other.
Ken

If Harley is such an out of date and bad bike why does everyone try to duplicate it?
They make bikes that look like a Harley, they try to sound like a Harley and even their advertisements and videos are looking like Harley videos.

I have loved Harleys since I could barely see over the saddle. Got my first bike, Honda, in 1969 but could never afford a Harley.
14 bikes and 42 years later I am retired and now I have my Harley. There is nothing like them, not even close. Yes, it's old technology but it works. They look and sound and feel like a motorcycle should.

If you saw the smile I get on my face every time I get on my Harley you would think I was insane. Maybe, but I am a very happy insane.

I believe that a motorcycle should not have a radiator or a fuel pump, you should be able to see the spark plugs. Like I said before I have riddin other motorcycles but when I get back on my old bike I still love it. I don't have to have the loudest exhaust and I don't need a 110 inch motor.
Ken

Soul?
Harley doesn't have a monopoly on them.

Ducati's have soul too.In fact any bike or vehicle that instils passion and fire and desire in the mind and thoughts of its owner has soul.

Personally,i would love another Ducati in my garage;maybe even a Diavel.Cheaper,faster and different than a Harley,but still an emotional package.

Ducati's have soul too.In fact any bike or vehicle that instils passion and fire and desire in the mind and thoughts of its owner has soul.

I do agree with you.....any vehicle that inspires the individual I suppose could be considered to have a "soul". But for 99.9 percent of the posters on this site....including me......that ride is a Harley. That's why I am on HD Talking.......not Ducati Talking.:s

Just one more thing to think about , ask yourself why all these different companies are copying the harley look and trying to come up with the sound , but they can't , it's because everyone wants a Harley but not everyone can afford one . That's when they go with alteratives like suzuki or kawasaki . My neighbor had a honda and when I 1st saw it thought it was a Harley , he sold it 4 years before I got mine . His wife told me when he saw mine he said ahhh he got a Harley because that's what he really wanted .

Very true...back in 1988 I was a young USAF Airman & wanted a new bike. Looked at HD (883 Sporty) and still too rich for my blood back then so ended up settling for Suzuki Intruder 750 (HD look-alike). Rode it for 5-years & was nice, but still yearned for the look/feel of a hog. I believe I paid $3900 (new), but can't recall how much I got when I sold it.

Looking at the Kawasaki RG clone - can't get over that fairing, huge radiator & side-load saddlebags. I see there are luggage straps to hold things up, but still think top-load is a better design. I'll have to go to our local Dillon HD dealership b/c they have a metric store next door - curious what the bike looks like in person too...maybe they'll let me test drive...?? If so - I'll report the outcome.

Cost is relative and unfortunately, usually the deciding factor. I would like to think that with the "extra" money I paid for my Harley will keep one of the fewer and fewer American companies employing Americans in business. I know HD uses some foreign parts (unfortunate) but its not supporting the growing nations that we have fought so hard against to stay free. In times like these, it's probably more important.
Sooner or later we are going to have to stop buying everything from somebody else and get back to becoming a self sufficient country we once were. Probably not in my life time but sometime (hopefully).

I'm stepping off the box now..........:D

Bodeen

Back