free website stats program 0 C / 32 F...did you ride today??? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

0 C / 32 F...did you ride today???

Bonus riding today in Massachusetts! 67 when I left the house at 6:30am and it will be low 70's with mostly sunny skies for the ride home! Makes me think it is September again!

beauty of a day yesterday. 19 degrees. the wife piled on and we rode highway 21 along the lake. not cold at all but did take a bird out with the windshield. the bang that made makes you happy you have a shield. 160 klicks for the afternoon. hoping for more yet

Managed to clock another 100Km's today. +7C, roads were black ice this morning until about 9AM, then wet in most places until about 1:30PM. Gravel trucks were out early to get the black ice and frost melted off. Dodged all the pieces of gravel thrown at me by semi's. I did fill my tank on the off chance i don't get to ride again this year....but still hoping. This is one of the longest times I've ridden....March to Nov. 8 MONTHS!!!

Managed to clock another 100Km's today. +7C, roads were black ice this morning until about 9AM, then wet in most places until about 1:30PM. Gravel trucks were out early to get the black ice and frost melted off. Dodged all the pieces of gravel thrown at me by semi's. I did fill my tank on the off chance i don't get to ride again this year....but still hoping. This is one of the longest times I've ridden....March to Nov. 8 MONTHS!!!
Sounds like it was an exciting ride! I don't know if I would ride on black ice. You're braver than I am! :worthy

After reading all the post of brothers putting the toys away for winter is depressing. I'm lucky enough to be able to ride year round here in the high desert. 200 miles logged yesterday in the high 70's low 80's. Did have to put jacket on when sun went down.
Probably the only reason that makes Cal worth living is the yr round riding.

it was 28 deg this am rode in to work. the desert sounds like a place id like to retire to..

It was 35 F yesterday when I rode into work. I had to brake down and plug in my gloves. I'll be putting the covers on the engine guard also so I can continue to ride through the winter. That is as long as we don't get another winter like last year her in northern Virginia. It can't be too cold, but snow and ice are another story.

After reading all the post of brothers putting the toys away for winter is depressing. I'm lucky enough to be able to ride year round here in the high desert. 200 miles logged yesterday in the high 70's low 80's. Did have to put jacket on when sun went down.
Probably the only reason that makes Cal worth living is the yr round riding.
Yes you are lucky Cuervo! I am waiting for the temp to warm up a little bit here in Massachusetts before I go outside and wash the bike one last time before I prep her and put her away for the season. Bummer! :(

Back