free website stats program 0 C / 32 F...did you ride today??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

0 C / 32 F...did you ride today???

38 degrees F on the way to work this morning. Ah, refreshing but the deer are moving and the darkness make it an adventure. I will ride until the snow falls or they put salt on the roads. Ride safe!

I ride year round, but that is one of the reasons I moved to TX. Kemo when you hit TX if you are anywhere around Dallas and want to go for a ride just let me know.

Texas, you say? Isn't that the place where you can ride every day of the year and they execute somebody in the penal system at 6PM daily? I hear even little old school teachers ride Harleys down there. Most are packing too.

Cold does not bother me nearly as much as wet. In SoCal it is raining...had huge lightning storm (for us anyways) and sudden showers yesterday, otherwise I would have rode...only 60*F and good to about 32*F, worried about black ice and wet leaves.

streitm we will be down in Donna but maybe I will drop you a line. I will be looking for some riding company. I have half of a mind to ride to Daytona for bike week if any one is interested.
ken

Now your Talking, We need to get another HD Talking group together for Bike Week, I will bring THe Camera LOL:p

Pushed up to 15c, 57f here in Winnipeg!! Sunny. Put on 150 km this evening. Last year put the bike to sleep Nov 28th and started her up March 15th for a ride!!! Has to be a record. 3 1/2 months. Hoping similar this winter.. (NOT betting on it though!).

Texas, you say? Isn't that the place where you can ride every day of the year and they execute somebody in the penal system at 6PM daily? I hear even little old school teachers ride Harleys down there. Most are packing too.

Yup thats the place:mgun

38 degrees F on the way to work this morning. Ah, refreshing but the deer are moving and the darkness make it an adventure. I will ride until the snow falls or they put salt on the roads. Ride safe!

Deer definitely add excitement to the dusk/dawn portion of ride(s). Seeing more & more carcass' along hwy & herds/glowing eyes in lights. Got a few areas w/wild turkeys too. Keeps me alert...!!!

+14F is the coldest I have ridden in...with no winter gear. Never again. For you riders who say you ride until the snow flies...what would the temperature be? We had snow in mid summer once. Freak storm. We still have dry roads, but snow in the bush and temps about +20, so I'm going for another ride tomorrow. forecast is for +23, or so, but I am determined to ride until the roads get impassable for me....ice, snow...or just too danged cold to survive.

+14F is the coldest I have ridden in...with no winter gear. Never again. For you riders who say you ride until the snow flies...what would the temperature be? We had snow in mid summer once. Freak storm. We still have dry roads, but snow in the bush and temps about +20, so I'm going for another ride tomorrow. forecast is for +23, or so, but I am determined to ride until the roads get impassable for me....ice, snow...or just too danged cold to survive.

I hope you remember your winter gear :D

Back