free website stats program Your OPINIONS only NO DATA from companies. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your OPINIONS only NO DATA from companies.

There are many interesting articles reguarding the use of synthetic oil in the primary and what it will do with a wet clutch.99% of them say that synthetics will not cause slippage.However none of them say it is any better for the clutch,gears and chain.So why pay more to have it in there?

Remember,,,,Oil IS like a religion,,, Many different Opinions/Books/Papers to read. As Always, the one YOU BELIEVE In is Correct....

Gotta Be:D

signed....BUBBIE

IMHO...

All three reservoirs have totally different conditions happening inside, all three will see totally different temperatures, friction coefficients, lubricant chemical reactions and breakdown, and all three have very different technical functions.

Throughout the life of gear driven and power transmission technology, and the life of the Internal Combustion Engine, scientist have labored to find the ideal lubricants to prolong the lifespan of these individual units.

Why then, would someone choose to use only one duplicate lubricate for all three?

"One size fits all" hats usually only fit "one size" heads!:coffee

Again, just an opinion.

FWIW, I use Amsoil 20W50 in the Motor , Redline Primary in the... primary, and Redline Shockproof Heavy in the Trans. Works OK for me.

Bob

Remember,,,,Oil IS like a religion,,, Many different Opinions/Books/Papers to read. As Always, the one YOU BELIEVE In is Correct....

Gotta Be:D

signed....BUBBIE

Brother, I may use that as my new signature, if I may?
"Oil is like a religion, the one you believe, is correct".

Valvoline VR1 20w-50 for the Squirrels. ATF +4 for the Primary, and Shockproof for the gears.

My religious beliefs:
Good quality oil, changed regularly.
Synthetic is not "slipperier" than DINO
Your primary will not self destruct using ATF.
Gears Like Gear Oil. Simple.
The Motor Company is not always smarter than the rider
Everything pertaining to a Harley costs $49.99 or higher
In order to change one part, you must remove 14 others to get to it.
There are three types of fasterners on a HD: Torx, Allen, and stripped
Everyone that rides a HD has not necessarily been to Sturgis (Yes, I have)
Yes, your 155 CI Hog is fast, but a (EDIT) will still Pass you.
Yes, your hog sounds and rides much better than a (EDIT) .
Your battery will (EDIT) out in your garage, your stator, out in (EDIT)
Hogs leak oil. If they don't, it's because all the oil leaked out.
Yes, my paint scheme is better than yours, that is why I have mine.
Thanks to all of those whomever replied to my questions for help.
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick any two.
Wave at all brands. Snobery just makes you an (EDIT) .
My Exhaust sounds better than yours, even if it doesn't
Oil Choices are personal. Mine are not wrong.... Nor are yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Bubbie too. I use the redline big twin oil change kit put together by redline. It come with everything you need except I use a k&n filter. After using a few different things in every hole, to include atf in primary, I've stuck with redline and zero complaints.

Back