free website stats program Your OPINIONS only NO DATA from companies. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your OPINIONS only NO DATA from companies.

I don't care for synthetic in the primary I've heard of people having problems with clutch slipage using synthetic in the primary .

Same here. I have also heard of clutch slippage issues while using synthetics in the primary.

Bearings "slidding" or having to use Dino oil during break in periods because synthetic oil is just toooo slippery. Some synthetic oils are just too conditional for me.

Same here. I have also heard of clutch slippage issues while using synthetics in the primary.

Bearings "slidding" or having to use Dino oil during break in periods because synthetic oil is just toooo slippery. Some synthetic oils are just too conditional for me.

mostly your posts make sense. I did not expect you to perpetuate urban myth. you heard?

mostly your posts make sense. I did not expect you to perpetuate urban myth. you heard?

Hoople? said that?

My thinking it is the Myth that HD used to save their Bid-out-Oil from going extinct and Keep from loosing Multitude that Did Switch to a synthetic... Hoping to get them Back...

I also thought it True to some extent, com'n from the HD Company... They Know ALL ? Don't they.:newsmile055:

signed....BUBBIE

I have used Mobil 1, Spectro, and Formula+. In my three bikes. This last oil change I tried Spectro Primary, not to happy. I think I'll go back to Formula+ next time....

Code:
Through the years, many automobile mfgs. have recommended engine oil in their manual transmissions. I feel better using an application specific oil, and have noticed an improvement in the feel and sound of shifting with gear oil in my Harleys.
You might be surprised how many manual car trannys call for ATF:s

I use Formula plus in the primary because understanding applications for synthetics can be too conditional. Myth or not, that was my point.

Maybe Canuck thought you were perpetrating the red highlighted area in your post?

Maybe Canuck thought you were perpetrating the red highlighted area in your post?

Good question. Now that I think about it again, it was called "bearing skate". It would skate if the bearing was roller or needle but ball bearings were ok. I have no idea if it is true, false, real, unreal or whatever. My point being, is it really worth the time to figure it all out? Maybe when I was younger but certainly not now..

Good question. Now that I think about it again, it was called "bearing skate". It would skate if the bearing was roller or needle but ball bearings were ok. I have no idea if it is true, false, real, unreal or whatever. My point being, is it really worth the time to figure it all out? Maybe when I was younger but certainly not now..

Greater engineering minds have worked on this for years like global warming, I think every one has an idea on this and are entitled to it, as far as bearing skate or slide I am with you on this one, I will have to see it with my own eyes, and I have seen a lot of bearing wear and tear in my life JMO

I have also heard of clutch slippage issues while using synthetics in the primary. QUOTE]

I have had a clutch slip with or without synthetic.
If I then say that I heard of clutch slippage while using dino, that will even out the I heards.

Back