free website stats program Winter Project! 1988 Sportster Basket Case :/ | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Project! 1988 Sportster Basket Case :/

No matter what....there are always people out there that wish they had that bike...and was able to do what you are attempting. It is a lifelong dream of a lot of people to bring a basket case back to life.

When you are finished with rebuilding and you are riding that bike....just remember you are in a group of 1 in 1,000....:worthy

No matter what....there are always people out there that wish they had that bike...and was able to do what you are attempting. It is a lifelong dream of a lot of people to bring a basket case back to life.

When you are finished with rebuilding and you are riding that bike....just remember you are in a group of 1 in 1,000....:worthy
Totally agree and would add you will know every nook and cranny.

Great job so far can't wait to see the finished product! Remember that engine is air cooled so don't let it run too long unless you have some wind blowing on it.
WAP.gif

Great job so far can't wait to see the finished product! Remember that engine is air cooled so don't let it run too long unless you have some wind blowing on it.
Great tip thank you...
I'm going to start working on details now...I need to buy a couple of things I'm missing ie: seat, headlight, brake lines... etc.
Main thing is actually taking it out for an spin and test/check the transmission since that was the main reason for taking it apart in the first place.
I'm debating between keeping the paint set it came with or take the blue tank and fenders I have laying around and do a custom paint job. (I'm thinking black with airbrushed details in a carbon-fiber style.

i hope your double jointed because you need to pat yourself on the back....nice job...:ap:ap

It is good to hear that the bike is running as to the look of the bike that is down to what you like i do like black
Sometimes it is better to live with a bike for a wee while till it tells you what it wants to be

Brian

Mine was down 10 years and the oil was not returning to the oil tank so it got hot on a little trip. Really easy to eyeball when you tank the cap off the tank while it is running you can see it flowing into the top..nice work...I like the paint.

Back