free website stats program Which Member of the Touring Family Do You Ride? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Member of the Touring Family Do You Ride?

Which Touring Bike Do You Ride?

• Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Votes: 58 37.7%
  • Electra Glide Classic

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Electra Glide Standard

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Road King

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • Road Glide

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Street Glide

Votes: 21 13.6%
  • Tri Glide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted Road King!
I can dress her up with the king tour pack, or strip her down.
Meets our needs just fine. :s

My choice was the 2007 Road King, just the FLHR. A minimal touring bike with a windscreen and saddlebags. Just wonderful. :)

I have a 09 Ultra and am very happy. I do believe that the Street Glide is the current hot bike. Just look around, everybody has one. It is probably the most all around for touring bikes. I do like the fact I can (if I wanted to) convert my Ultra to a street glide type easier than the other way around. If I was a solo rider I might have considered the street glide, but the Ultra made the most sense for my situation. They are all good IMO.

Not so sure I agree with you there. I added the detachable tour pak to my FLHX so now, short of some lowers, rear speakers, and intercom/CB I'm pretty much the same as an Ultra for all intents and purposes. You'd have to strip off a lot of chrome, remove the light bar, replace the windshield, and drop the suspension a bit to even come close to the Street Glide look.

Not so sure I agree with you there. I added the detachable tour pak to my FLHX so now, short of some lowers, rear speakers, and intercom/CB I'm pretty much the same as an Ultra for all intents and purposes. You'd have to strip off a lot of chrome, remove the light bar, replace the windshield, and drop the suspension a bit to even come close to the Street Glide look.

NOT! Much easier to remove than to add. They make the quick detach specifically for this purpoose. Much more spendy for you to get to an Utra (if you even can) than it is for me to go to a Street Glide look. I see Ultras all over the place that have the quick release system and give that cleaned up look like a SG. May not be the same bike as far as lower and such, but the basic look is there. You can't get to the Ultra look near as easy. :lero:lero LOL!

I moved from a Sportster to an Ultra Classic for the type of riding that we want to do. The deal that Harley was making on the trade in helped alot. I wouldn't trade the Ultra for anything else.

NOT! Much easier to remove than to add. They make the quick detach specifically for this purpoose. Much more spendy for you to get to an Utra (if you even can) than it is for me to go to a Street Glide look. I see Ultras all over the place that have the quick release system and give that cleaned up look like a SG. May not be the same bike as far as lower and such, but the basic look is there. You can't get to the Ultra look near as easy. :lero:lero LOL!

I guess it's all a matter of perception and we'll have to agree to disagree. Just detaching your tour pak does not give you a Street Glide. You still have the extra lights on the front end (I love the clean look of a Street Glide fairing), extra chrome on the fender and saddlebag area (good luck removing all that), and the lowers adding to the bulkier appearance. Don't get me wrong, I love Ultras - I just don't believe you can pop off the tour pak and have a Street Glide. :lero :cheers

I finally jumped off the dyna wagon onto a electraglide standard, and there is no looking
back. I do agree that the street glide is the most custom of the bunch.

Back