free website stats program What was your first bike? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first bike?

In the mid 60's, my brother had a friend who was upgrading from a BSA to a Sportster. He and I bought the Beezer for about $200. It was a Shooting Star, I believe. Didn't ride much what with work, college and the time I owed Uncle Sam. In the mid 70's, my Dad passed away and for a while, I had his CB 750. That was eventually sold, and I went "bikeless" until the early 90's when I took the Rider Ed course and re-obtained my motorcycle license. I bought a Kawasaki VN 750 which was a great bike, just too light. Then I bought my present ride, a '99 Ultra.

1975 Honda CB400F four cylinder. Bought when I was 20 years old stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. Owned mostly Hondas since then. Recently sold my GoldWing and just ordered a 2010 Ultra Classic through the Exchange PX while stationed here in Iraq. Will be picking it up in Milwaukee after February.

My first bike is my 2003 FXDWG I am of course still riding it. I want to buy another soon so I can quit riding the anniversary edition so much. I have the factory custom paint so I think it is worth keeping in best condition possible.

K model, 1954. Bought it in about 1/2 dozen bushel baskets and carried off the rusty frame. All this was back in 1961 or so. Gave the guy $20.00 and he was glad to get it off his property. Two years later it came to life and I sold it for $200.00. I too was glad to get if off my property at that point. All I can say is that Harleys have come a long, long way in 55 years.

My very first bike? A Bridgestone Chibi.

MVC-047S%20copy.gif

For real.

The first bike I ever rode was a Honda Nightwing back in the early 80's. It was a friends. Got my first ticket on that bike, for not having a motorcyle license. (oops )

My first actual purchased motorcyle is a 2007 Sportster 883 Custom.

Back