free website stats program What was your first bike? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first bike?

1951 HD, this was in 1965 when I was young and stupid. Ex-friend "borrowed" it and blew the engine. This is where the stupid part comes in, never repaired it, let it go eventually as trash when the Navy told me it was time to move. Knowing what I know now, it was a bad choice for a 1st bike, but sure do wish I had kept it.

I started riding when I was 12 on a minibike and after a handfull of fixer uppers and garage sale bikes. at 16 I bought my first (street bike in 1978) a 1974 yamaha 500. I owned 3 more bigger bikes over the years until I went to work for myself and there was never any time to ride, so I sold out. then came the kids! Now the wife and I ride as much as we drive the truck.I am proud to say its a 06 harley Road king. I just wish I had bought a harley years ago!

Mine was a 400 Yamaha street bike. It was great exercise "bump" starting it! As recommended earlier you will get bored with a smaller cc bike. A secretary at work who is new to riding got her license on a smaller cc bike and moved up to a 750 within a couple months. She is petite and looked around to find a bike with a low seat height.

My first bike was a 76 yamaha 80cc dirtbike... I think i was 8... My first street bike was a Kaw GPZ550, If i had it to do all over again. I'd go with a little Honda Shadow VLX 600. Great bike to learn on, and its a throw away... So if you lay it down it doesn't hurt your pride as much.

My first bike was a 1965 Honda 55 given to me in the late 70's by my grandfather. After many dirt bikes I graduated to my first street legal machine: a 1979 (as I recall) Honda CB 360. She was nothing to look at, but got the job done getting me back and forth to school. I put drag bars on it to make it look cooler :)

I gotta be honest, I just started riding in June of 08. Went through rider's edge....my first bike was an 06 springer classic flstsci....now i'm on a heritage. If it is just to learn how to ride, and he eventually will get a Harley, I would go a little bigger than a Rebel; something closer to what he would like to end up with.

1976 Honda 125 street bike. Emerald green, Excellent Condition, 900 mi and i got it for FREE in 1990! I totaled it by plowing head on :newsmile017:in to a UPS truck that pulled out directly in to me! OOOOUUUUCH!:newsmile017:

My first bike was a 1934 Indian Chief that I bought when I was 15 for $125. There was also a 1931 Chief 4 cyl. that was bought for $350 and a 1914 that was bought for $250 from the same person. I tried to get my father to buy the 4 cyl. but he didn't want to spend the money. I still own the 34'.

Back