free website stats program What was your first bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first bike?

late 60s' honda 350 cb in 1976 just to get my feet wet and not spend much, then biought a yamaha 750 special which i loved but quit riding in 82 untill 2007 when the kids were grown and got a major upgrade to flht and now i really know what love is:p

1980 Yamaha Maxim 400.

Would reccommend as first bike.
Excellent handling, good pep, better brakes :)

69 or 70 Honda 125. The street version. I had a red one and my buddy had a blue one. We used to race all over town. It was a gas. Didn't work too well off road but that didn't stop us. Buried the darned thing up to the muffler on many occasions. It was light enough to lift out of the rut and off we'd go. Man, I miss that thing. Saw a lot of back country roads. even rode it from Chicago to Wisconsin a few times. Had a sturdy butt in those days. No helmet. T shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. No goggles either. Got a June bug in the eye one evening going about 50. Darned near knocked me off the bike. Let my girlfriend ride it and she wheelied me right off the back seat That was it for her. She walked all the way home.

Early 70's Kawasaki 175 cc 2 stroke Enduro. First transport I ever owned that didn't have pedals. Lot's of great memories; I am surprised I survived!

I'm not sure what year it was, but I was only 13 and couldn't wait to ride!! My first bike was a Simplex Automatic. Red and Black. Had sort of a Harley "look" to it but was belt drive. Had the big old springy tractor type seat. Of course that was a long time ago and doubt you can find one today. My next bike was a Honda CB 500T, with the brown seat. Still have it and I agree that something around 500 cc is a good starter bike.

Gilera 125 Arcore (1979)
Actually, it was my brother's bike but we shared it.
I don't think many of you know this model, so just to show how it looked like...

gilera1251ir5.jpg

First bike owned was a 1976 Kawasaki 400 twin.

Though at 16 years old, I learned to ride on a borrowed 1973 Yamaha MX 360 Motocrosser with bad brakes. :small3d015:

No wonder I crashed the poor Kwak...
I thought the only way to slow down was to drag one side against the dirt!

45" flat out of a servi-car on a little chopper frame with the suicide shift... i was 14 ond bullet proof. (probly not the best starter bike lol but if you could ride that you could ride anything)

When I turned 16 I bought a brand new '74 Suzuki GT 250.

I actually had an old Honda 150 on a home made frame and a beat-up Yamaha dirt bike first, the Suzuki was my first road worthy scoot.

There were a bunch of us 13-15 yr olds living near logging roads that would ride forever on those dirt roads.

Back