free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

Looks to be running well. In the future when posting a pic of a plug, turn the plug so the ground strap is viewable (pointing down) so the heat range can be identified. :s

Glider,

6R12 stock Harley plug

Merry Christmas to you

Al

i installed a set of vance and hines big shots, incredible sound, and will add a kuryakyn high five air cleaner. i am going to go with a sert and dyno run, i plan on adding heads, pistons and cam later. i would just need another dyno run then. i want to ride and not have to tune. my time is worth too much to spend it with trial and error rideing to find the rite combo, my dealer said they would stand behind there work on the dyno. the other tuners sound like they work for some and not others. i want to ride and not worry, if i do have problems then any dealer will help me, thats the way i see it.
any thoughts?

Last edited:
Standing behind the work is fine but find out how far behind it they stand. Ask around for anyone that had a dyno tune there and see if they were happy with the work. A dyno tune is only as good as the tuner.

I would do all the upgrades first and they have it tuned with a complete custom map.Much easier on the pocket not to do it twice.

i can not aford to do all the mods at on time, one of my coworkers had pipes,air cleaner, sert and dyno run with the same dealer and is very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can not aford to do all the mods at on time, one of my coworkers had pipes,air cleaner, sert and dyno run with the same dealer and is very happy.

If you go with a Thundermax with Autotune, you wouldn't need a dyno run at all, when you make the changes it will auto tune itself. probably save you some $$$ money in the long run + it comes with a 3 year warranty.

Somedays I wish I was more mechanically inclined so I could do this stuff.

I'm here in Clinton Township. I would like to do all my maintance and upgrade wurk myself but, I also am new to working on Harley's. If you haven't gone to a Stage 1 yet and want to, we should get together and learn to do our own bikes. Email me if your interested.

I work on cars and truck for a living, 28 years. I work at a dealership so I understand fuel injection, work with it all the time on cars. I just got my first harley, KIDS OUT OF THE HOUSE. I am still trying to figure out the different tuner systems and how they control the entire system. I am going to do more resurch. :)

Back