free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

The true duals do take the heat away from your leg but they also loose a bit of TQ on the bottom end over the stock pipes. The slip ons will help with the flow and can help with the heat a bit too.

Thanks, I guess I should do the slip-ons first before the true duals. While I realize everyone has their own opinion, what slip-ons would you recommend for better flow with little or no louder sound?

Yes on the 07 the left OEM muffler is more of just a sound chamber and most exhaust flows out the right. If you look inside the left muffler, there's a short baffle about 6" inside the end.

As far as those HD 65913-06A. They are cat mufflers. I don't think you want those.

07 FLHX with Kuryakyn a/c,Bub Tru-Duals[for heat issues and looks]and Samson Ovals.I used the LC-1 programmable wide band O2 sensors from Nightrider.Set the closed-loop A.F.R. @ 13.2/1.This really did eliminate the heat problem.I only have 3500 miles on it in 2 years due to WORK,so I haven't really played with it much.Plugs look good.Bike runs great,no missing,stumbling or popping anytime.Also,no oil cooler or heat shields needed.I'm at a mile high elevation and cooler temps. than some also.No other mods. anticipated or I would probably go with something different.Any more mods. than this the crank would fly out of the bottom of the cases shredding the rear tire resulting in death or serious injury.Individual results may vary.

Thanks, now a couple more before I buy it.

Should I replace the stock narrow band oxy sensors before doing this? Will this unit help with the decel backfiring I get? Was also considering Thundermax till I was reading this thread.

Mine is an '09 stock engine with replaced AC and python dual staggered pipes. Currently have no future plans for engine work.

Update:

Just got back from HD dealer, they told me that the Thundermax or TFI would be a waste of money. Since I didn't do any engine mods...

Opinions wanted...

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
I just ordered a TFI the other day and was wondering if someone could give me some idea of what the settings might be for the pipes and a/c I'm going to put on.
V&H Big Radiius 2:2 pipes.
SE stage1 A/C kit.

Thank You!
Phil

Back