free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

It's really not that difficult.:s

On my 03 RK I had a Stage 1 and II done with Power Comander and V&H pipes Ran like a Scalleded dog On my 07 EGC Had a Stage 1 and Powee Commander And on my Current 09 UGC I am instlling V&H pipes Stage 1 and going with recomandation's by Glider and Smitty on this forumwith
Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI Hope that will be a nice combo I must say that this 09 Model is the best ride I have evere experienced on any of my HD's
Just love it

Must be that I am getting old but it is super smooth and comfortable
Ride Safe
BufflaoBill

Glider,
I went today to check on my bike, there it was in the finished bay, no call it was done.

Servise advisor said, "nothing wrong, not to worry it's under guarantee for another year".

Road it home with the same noise.

Al

Glider,
I went today to check on my bike, there it was in the finished bay, no call it was done.

Servise advisor said, "nothing wrong, not to worry it's under guarantee for another year".

Road it home with the same noise.

Al

I would find another dealer. It doesn't sound like they are interested in spending the time to diagnose or find the noise. It's too bad that once they dealer gets your $$$ for the purchase, they forget the customer relations and fixing a problem when it happens.

I have used and now have removed the PCIII.I have had alot of trouble out of the PCIII.I have ordered the ThunderMAx with the Auto tune.I have had to remove the PCIII from my system just to get home Twice so I won't give a third time.

I have used and now have removed the PCIII.I have had alot of trouble out of the PCIII.I have ordered the ThunderMAx with the Auto tune.I have had to remove the PCIII from my system just to get home Twice so I won't give a third time.

I don't think you'll be disappointed withe the T-Max

Thanks to Glider and the rest of HDTALKING FORUM Went to the TFI with Screraming Eagle Stage 1 Best uprgade I have made so far

Extremely satisfied

Ride Safe
BuffaloBILl

TFI is wat i went with after the advice of Glider and others .. ease of tuneablty and abilty to do it myself with out needing a dyno run everytime i change something

I have a PC III . I have a friend who races sport bikes and swears by them. The HD dealer had nothing good to say about them and I almost bought the SE tuner from them but the PCIII was 150 cheaper and I can adjust it myself. If you have a laptop you can go on the power comander web site they have hundreds of configurations for all bikes . Mine is been working great for 4 years .

I have an 08 FLSTN. I bought a Zip kit from Zippers Performance. The kit includes a hi-flo air air cleaner with backing plate , your choice of slip on mufflers ( I chose the Krome Werks slash cut ) , wide band oxygen sensors ,
and a ThunderMax ECM with auto tune. It is all very easy to install . The ECM comes pre mapped to the specific type of bike , air cleaner and exhaust setup.

I did these changes after my first 1000 mile service so the oxygen sensors weren't that hard to bust loose. If you have more miles on your bike they might be a little harder to remove but penetrating oil should help get them out. The air cleaner and backing plate is a very simple swap. The ECM is a direct replacement for the stock one , so it's a simple matter of removing the old and installing the new. Swapping mufflers isn't difficult either.

Next you have to initialize the ECM by turning the ignition on a off 3 times .
Now it's just a simple matter of connecting a laptop ( cable is included to connect to the computer ) and checking some settings and making sure the correct map is loaded.

The performance increases are dramatic and there is no decel popping.
ThunderMax is always improving their system and they continually write new maps. They have hundreds of maps for all different kinds of setups. It's easy to log on to their site and download new maps and then upload the new map to the ECM.

With the wide band oxygen sensors and the auto tuner you can now run in
closed loop which means that the tuner is getting constant feedback from the oxygen sensors and is self adjusting accordingly.

I've got no affiliation with ThunderMax though I must sound like a salesman for them. It's just that I am very impressed with their product.

Another advantage to this system is that you can plug a laptop into it and monitor all the bikes sensors and such. You get trouble codes in plain English.
It also saves warranty data that you can view , meaning you can see historical graphs of head temps , rpm's , etc.

It ain't cheap but I have to say it's the best grand I've ever spent.

The bike was so ' restricted ' from the dealership and this kit has really opened it up .

Back