free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I have an 08 XL1200N with SE Stage 1 AC, V&H Side Shots and I chose the Fuel Pak for several reasons. To go with the pipes, assuming that V&H made both Fuel Pak and pipes that they should work well togeather. Also the price for the Fuel Pak was 234 dollars. I also new I did not want to have to dyno tune the bike and I had heard the Fuel Pak was plug and play. The install was somewhat tricky as there was not alot of room to put the Fuel Pak but I got it in. The initial map I programmed had some problems like backfiring and popping but I was able to call Fuel Pak on the phone and explain the symptoms. The tech had me change one of the values in one of the modes and that solved all the problems. The bike runs very well and I am impressed with the new performance of my bike. I am happy with my choice and time will tell if there are any reilability issues with the fuel Pak but It seems to be made well, The module is completely encased in epoxy and the harness and connectors are of at least the same or better quality than HD.

I just put on the Vance and Hines fuelpak on my 2008 UC. A NO BRAINER. Just put your info into there web site and program the settings that are given to you. There is no guess work to be done. My throttle responce is better and my bike seems to be running cooler. I would highly recommend it.

i have the vance and hines also. and i think its a piece of junk. i have been working to get my bike to cool down since i got it. i even had to get the nightrider o2 sensor upgrade to get it to cool down and it helped but not much. finally i took the baffles out of the rush slip ons and that got it down to about 250 degrees. from almost 300. i have the right codes dialed in. im sure of that...i just got back from the dealer for my 5000 mile checkup and he said its running lean......after all ive done its still lean? the tech said to go with the power commander or the sert. which im checking into now. everytime i get ahold of a tech from vance and hines. they just say " thats the code your suppose to have to run good" the hd tech said the fuel pak doesnt have the lows and mids that the other have....i hear thundermax is the best. but i cant offord 900 bucks for that.

Chose the pc111 for my twin cam with stage 1 for the following reasons.
1 future engine mods.
2 awesome tech support from dynojet.
3 features not available on some other systems such as rev limiter elimination,cylinder balance and ignition curve modification.:newsmile026:

Wow!
This thread shows Harley doesn't run well enough to satisfy the owner and the dealers are not consistent.

So, the real question is, why doesn't Harley engineering correct this "lean" problem before putting the bike in service?:(

Maybe there should be a recall to change to a dependable serviceable carburetor.
Jets are cheap:D

I've had the Recall: M-1186A ECM Update:yeahright, tried X14IED, also the SE Fueler...wasted my money and time.

No codes and found no mechanical faults! Bike is factory stock.

Al

I brought my bike to the local Harley dealer for a noise unrelated to this thread. (a low pounding sound and that also telegraphs to the grips when backing off the throttle)

I Inquired about the lean issue, the shop tech said he could tune the problem out with a PC111 and the dyno.

Al

I brought my bike to the local Harley dealer for a noise unrelated to this thread. (a low pounding sound and that also telegraphs to the grips when backing off the throttle)

I Inquired about the lean issue, the shop tech said he could tune the problem out with a PC111 and the dyno.

Al

Tell him to put it in writing first and give you a money back guarantee.:s

Glider,

I went to the dealer today to check on their noise search progress. My bike was out for a test ride. Before it got back I discussed the PC Tune, now the service advisor believes it would not be any benefit to do on my stock bike unless I go for the air cleaner and muffler change. He mentioned the dyno time, 31/2 hours, a special deal on the PC111 USB, would run between 5 & 6 hundred. Plus the A/C & Mufflers.

The mechanic came back with the bike and reported nothing unusual about the way it ran. I asked about the noise and it's synchronized vibration felt on the grips. The answer, he was not aware there was a problem according to the note from the service advisor and would take it out again after he rode an '09 demo to compare my bike to.

I left and did not hear anything from them today.

I'll check tomorrow and let you Know.

Al

There isn't a major improvement on a stock bike using any tuner but there's enough IMO to warrant it anyway. If your intentions aren't to go with cams etc. in the future, the PC III is a bit more than needed when you add the dyno cost to the unit.
If you were to go with a TFI, it can add the additional fuel needed without the need for a dyno tune and you can do the installation yourself. The PC III is a good addition with the numerous adjustments it has but for a street ridden bike, but it's a bit more than needed IMO and when you add up the costs, this is where the decision has to be made for a street ridden bike.

I just installed a PCIII and a set of V+H True Duals on my '07 Heritage.Throttle response is much better and the exhaust sounds great.Its still not a barn-burner,but I feel the upgrade was well worth the money.

Back