free website stats program What is this drain plug | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is this drain plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Chastise Meant...

This Thread was "Combined" by Glider as It Was Two threads and confusing....

I never got to read the 1st post on THIS thread and My response was for the other thread started...
As I said in my PM to you.

I Have No reason to say anything Bad to you,,, We may have gotten off on the wrong foot here and That was Not Intended by Me... SORRY!

signed....BUBBIE

We're good, that was my attempt at humor. I know you are always looking for more details. I replied to your pm. Well I think I did, the phone rang and I might have hit the back button instead. :guitar

Retired Guy - Also not wanting to be insulting - I assume you know that your transmission and engine share an oil pan that is segmented internally and has two (magnetic) drain plugs?

And along with the rest of the group, I suggest you obtain a service manual for your bike and if you still have questions, ask the forum before starting the job.

Take it from the orignal trial and error guy - I have learned some very expensive lessons.

Know much more now

I can see a couple of Post got combined making it hard to understand what I was saying. Sorry for the confusion. At any rate I guess I over-rated the noise after my oil change to Synthetic oil. I just over reacted to the noise I knew I could expect with Synthetic oils. I changed to synthetic oil on a 1200 V-4 Suzuki once and also could hear more engine components than with regular petroleum oils. Like I said it's only at idle I hear any difference so I'll get use to it or change it back.
And as far as that plug it's apparent it's the crankcase sump plug. I was amazed at the things some people thought I'd unscrewed. But that was probably because of my poor explanations.
So thanks for all your input. I'm always impressed with the great response and concern by our Members.
I've ordered a Shop Manual and will try to not Cry Wolf again.
Would close this Thread but don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back