free website stats program What is this drain plug | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is this drain plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have good oil pressure? Does the engine get any quieter after it has been run? If the noise is that bad dump the amsoil and get the mineral oil and give that a try. I have heard other people complain about noise after a synthetic oil change
kemo

I didn't see where you Said What oil you switched From and To.....
Also what weight used and switched to...

This will help us to give you Help!

Please give us the details..
How many miles on the bike and what Mods have been done to it.

Describe the noise again and if it was NOT there before your switch of oil...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Kemo. I'm sure if I just replace the engine oil with 20/50 HD oil the irratating noises will stop. I did the same thing with a '85 Suzuki 1200 V-4 back in the 80's. Put synthetic oil in it and took it back out a week later. The noise was was just too annoying to leave in.

Thanks Kemo. I'm sure if I just replace the engine oil with 20/50 HD oil the irratating noises will stop. I did the same thing with a '85 Suzuki 1200 V-4 back in the 80's. Put synthetic oil in it and took it back out a week later. The noise was was just too annoying to leave in.

You have another Thread with the Same questions and information on it under a different title......

I would like to suggest (from me) if you would stick in one thread For the questions and answers it would make it Easier for Me see and answer these questions... Then Duplication would be avoided.

signed....BUBBIE

Re: Noisy synthetic oil

If the idle speed is where it should be, 1000/1200 rpm and nothing else changed, I would consider the base weight of the synthetic oil in use... I know it Says the weight 20/50 but as compared with a mineral based oil(pour thicker) the viscosity may be different and Remember the oil pump in the older bikes leave a little to be desired in Volume flow....

signed....BUBBIE:D

What else did you do to the bike? Normally just an oil change wouldn't do that? As stated what is your oil pressure at? When its clattering take your fingers carefully and touch the front cylinder front push rod tube (for exhaust on front cylinder). Do you fell clacking banging? Sometimes the push rod will rub and they make ugly clatter. Also make sure you don't have any loose exhaust shield clamps. Lastly could it be a bad lifter? Sometimes they drain down and will clatter quite loudly till they pump up. Hope this helps.

retiredguy

Please keep your questions on the same topic in the same thread instead of starting another thread with similar content.

They have been combined in this thread.

Thanks

I didn't see where you Said What oil you switched From and To.....
Also what weight used and switched to...

This will help us to give you Help!

Please give us the details..
How many miles on the bike and what Mods have been done to it.

Describe the noise again and if it was NOT there before your switch of oil...

signed....BUBBIE

I can't believe you chastized me last week for not reading a post closely, then missed this info in post #1 AMSOIL 20/50.:bigsmiley18:

Last edited:
I can't believe you chastized me last week for not reading a post closely, then missed this info in post #1 AMSOIL 20/50.:bigsmiley18:

No Chastise Meant...

This Thread was "Combined" by Glider as It Was Two threads and confusing....

I never got to read the 1st post on THIS thread and My response was for the other thread started...
As I said in my PM to you.

I Have No reason to say anything Bad to you,,, We may have gotten off on the wrong foot here and That was Not Intended by Me... SORRY!

signed....BUBBIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back