free website stats program What do you Collect | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you Collect

Go for the garand Apyle! I love that gun. We had a tanker version in .308 but unfortunately, we sold it. If it were up to me, we would keep them all. But, we are going to get a Springfield, (I think it's the M1A, with the synthetic stock) could be wrong, it's hubby's turn. My favorite is the Socom 16. I think my next gun will be the Springfield 9mm on the 1911 frame, then it would match my 45. (See guys, there is a little bit of girl in me ;)). I really hated letting go of the garand, I got to talk to so many guys at the gun shows that told me the stories of how they learned to trick the enemies with making them think they had to reload, and I learned how to avoid the 'garand thumb'. I couldn't believe how many men showed me the scars on their thumbs from getting caught when they released the mechanism. Good luck.

Go for the garand Apyle! I love that gun. We had a tanker version in .308 but unfortunately, we sold it. If it were up to me, we would keep them all. But, we are going to get a Springfield, (I think it's the M1A, with the synthetic stock) could be wrong, it's hubby's turn. My favorite is the Socom 16. I think my next gun will be the Springfield 9mm on the 1911 frame, then it would match my 45. (See guys, there is a little bit of girl in me ;)). I really hated letting go of the garand, I got to talk to so many guys at the gun shows that told me the stories of how they learned to trick the enemies with making them think they had to reload, and I learned how to avoid the 'garand thumb'. I couldn't believe how many men showed me the scars on their thumbs from getting caught when they released the mechanism. Good luck.
This is the year for the garand. The guys at the gun club want to put together a m1 garand team, one of whom approched me about it. I think that I am the youngest active member there at the moment, and I really enjoy it. It would be a very good addition to my combat pistol shooting. My goal is to own one of every wwII weapon that is legal for me to own. I started last year with my 1911 which I shoot on the combat pistol team with. Next will be a garand, then either a m1903 springfield or a m1 carbine, from there who knows? It will be interesting to see.

Spring field 9mm on that .45 frame is a nice shooting pistol. One of the guys who I shoot combat with uses one. Way less recoil than my .45 better control and I don't even want to talk about accuracy.

Spring field 9mm on that .45 frame is a nice shooting pistol. One of the guys who I shoot combat with uses one. Way less recoil than my .45 better control and I don't even want to talk about accuracy.
Sorry, I screwed up with the hubby's pick, he does want the m1 carbine. Glad to hear the good review on the 9mm.

I always read these type postings and am always amazed at how many people put out there what they have, collect, etc...be it bikes, guns,etc. Some actually list what they have and it is all linked to their internet names. Click on their profile and you may even find out what town they live in, a picture of their house, their kids, their wife and even the dog. I know, I've been guilty of it too. Just be careful about what info you put out there for all to see....Oh yea, somehow I have all these pennies everywhere!!!

Last edited:
Back