free website stats program What Brought you to The Forum | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brought you to The Forum

Google brought me here and Glider was the reason I joined. Tons of info and a self-help section like no other forum. Have made several friends that I believe will be lifelong friends. Great community that keeps getting better.

What brought me to this forum? - internet search.

Why did I stay? - it's an amazing knowledge resource with great people.

And nobody gets hammered for posting "basic" questions (I should know!)

Honestly don't remember exactly what brought me to the forum but can say without hesitation that I have spent more time here than any other forum, whether it be about Harleys, hunting, firearms, fishing (you might be a Redneck if ??) or whatever, and have actually met members and have become friends with and gained riding buddies because I stumbled onto this forum that it is the only forum that I felt compelled to donate to and remain a regular part of.

It truly is like a family here and I hope I am welcome to be a part of for as long as I choose to follow the rules and not get the "POOF" button.

I have learned more on this forum about maintaining, fixing and upgrading my bike with the endless information given freely by the members here and would like thank each and everyone of you for this. I do more reading than posting and the imformation available is unbelievable if you are willing to look for it.

Many thanks to my fellow family members here!

OK, I am off my soapbox for now..................... :cheers

.... .... .... ..... It truly is like a family here and I hope I am welcome to be a part of for as long as I choose to follow the rules and not get the "POOF" button. .... .... .... .....

I agree it's a great group. I belong to other forums that are good too, but I like this one. For awhile I had a real problem with certain generic words that are not allowed. I got 2 offenses before even 3 months had passed and then I failed to proof read an inserted post from another forum and got my third and most severe vacation.

Hopefully I will be able to survive on here, but I do have to really pay attention to some words used by everyone nowadays that are engrained into my vocabulary.

Hopefully I will be able to survive on here, but I do have to really pay attention to some words used by everyone nowadays that are engrained into my vocabulary.

We appreciate your Herculean efforts! Don't worry - it becomes second nature after a while. I'm sure most of us commonly use some of the words not allowed here but the rules are not that hard to follow and they make this forum the absolute best on the internet. Of course, I could be biased!

We appreciate your Herculean efforts! Don't worry - it becomes second nature after a while. .. ... ....

Well thanks Doc that makes me try even harder. I still remember when I first arrived Viet Nam. After the DueceAndHalf ride out to my unit I looked around at the place and said to myself, I will never survive this.

But I did, and learned loads about life from it. I proof read every post now and sometimes if it's a word I am not sure of I will just look up a synonym for it. Great bunch of guys here.

(Only thing though about Viet Nam was that there the real heros were the 58,479 that did not survive)

I hear ya on the language thing. I appreciate the rules! But my usual is more colorful. The wife and I sound like an episope of Deadwood at times. She would be Calamity Jane to my Swearingen!

Back