free website stats program What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD?

Don't we all!! :D

If we had kept some of those old bikes, and ESPECIALLY some of the 60's muscle cars we owned back in the day, we'd have a FORTUNE in the garage!(For me, as I always LOVED fast cars, it was a LOT of them...I owned a Shelby Mustang, Dodge Hemi Chargers and Barracuda's, big block Chevelle convertibles, a '68 AMX, and others)

I remember buying some of those cars for between $400-$800, in near-mint condition! I'm sure you guys have similar memories! If only we knew there would be a think called "Barrett-Jackson" some day! (Well, they have been around since 1971, but who knew that 30 plus years later some of the cars we owned then would bring more than the Rolls and Bentleys they were selling at that time!!)

Definitely RichardS! At one point my brother & I had two nice Stangs (69 Mach-1 & 70 Boss 302), but my favorite was a Fire Engine Red 74 Firebird 350 Formula. Oh, those were the days - wish I could turn back time (thanks Cher)!!!:small3d023:

Don't we all!! :D

If we had kept some of those old bikes, and ESPECIALLY some of the 60's muscle cars we owned back in the day, we'd have a FORTUNE in the garage!(For me, as I always LOVED fast cars, it was a LOT of them...I owned a Shelby Mustang, Dodge Hemi Chargers and Barracuda's, big block Chevelle convertibles, a '68 AMX, and others)

EXACTLY! I remember late September of 1970 at the local Dodge Dealer. New 1971's were coming in and the dealer had to make room for them. Hence one method was he lined up on the front row of his lot 6 new 1970 Dodge Charger RT's 440magnum 375 H.P. on the front window was written in large white number: $2,900

I lusted for one, but for me it was "look" but don't touch. (could not afford the insurance at the time:()
Those new Chargers has never dimmed from my memory. Little did I know at the time it was the "peak" of the muscle car history as we know it.

My first machine was a 1977 Honda CB550K, which I set up for my version of touring. (image below of actual cycle). These were the good old days as I actually carried a comb for hair in my back pocket....HAW! Although I only had my Honda a couple of seasons, many years later when I got back into riding it had to be HD and nothing other than a new Roadking in 1997....now three HD's later, my life has never been happier.
*also had an '85 Honda FatCat along the way to play in the woods with.*

77-550-K.gif

Nice bike and very similar to my old Honda. I see you used to punji all of your stuff down too! Sure glad I have the Tour Pak now! :s

1st bike 650Triumph Bonnie,1st new bike 1973 Norton Commando, New 1974 V7 Motto Guzzi Sport 1975 Guzzi 850 T Stopped ridding after my best friend was killed in a motorcycle accident while we wee both ridding and got caught in the rain He slid and skidded into a lamp light cement base (decappitated) wearing helmet I had to call his parents Got into my 1st Harley in 1990

Allan rest in peace

Bill
I remember all of those cool bikes "back in the day". Seems like you got to experience all of them!
Sorry about your best friend.

2001 Honda Shadow ACE 750. Had it for 8 years. First time I entered a highway with my softail, I forgot all about it. :D

Hmmmm....1st bike? I was 14 & had a 100cc Yamaha. After high school a 750cc BSA for a short time then a '72 Sporty. Went several years without a bike. Then in '99 I caught the fever again and bought a '93 Low Rider. Only had it a year and because of things going on in my life had to get rid of it. But things are better now. In '08 bought a Annv. Low Rider but kicked myself for a year for not buying Heritage Classic so I traded the Low Rider this past summer for a 09 Heritage. Don't think I'll ever ride anything now!:D

First bike was when I was 7 and I got a mini-bike. I have had a Bike (running or not) since then.
The following are what I had over the various years.
Yamaha YZ100 - 13 years old
Honda Night Hawk - 17 Years old
Suzuki Intruder 750 - 24 Years old
Suzuki Intruder 1500 - 29 Years Old
HD Ultra - 40 Years Old

I think I am on my last one though. :s

Back