free website stats program What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD?

1976 Honda 400/4 supersport, got my lis. on it at 16, rode it like a wildman for 3years, sold it while I was still alive. My dad allways talked about his Harleys plus they're made in USA, so I wanted a Harley. bought a burned 89 FLHTCU for $1000 in 90, ripped it apart to the frame, bought a HD manual and put it back together to go to Laconia and Sturges in 91, still got it.:D

1970 450 Ducati
1974 450 Honda
1976 750 honda SS
no bikes for about 18 years My Daughters got all my money(no regrets)
2003 1300 Honda VTX Still have this Bike
2009 Harley Street Glide :D

Mark

Started on a 80 Suzuki back in the 60's, then CB 125 Honda, a CB 450 Honda, then a 1973 CB 550 4 Honda (the smoothest running engine I have ever seen), then on to a 1974 CB 750 4 Honda which I still have. Only has 12000 miles. I also bought a 1974 CB 550 4 for the wife because it's the same color as the 750. Still have it also. Didn't ride much for years but got the bug again last year. Always wanted a Harley so I got the Heritage. I have only had 1 regret, didn't get to ride it enough!

1 Yamaha ,3 Hondas none of which were new or lasted very long. Mostly because of my destuctive youth.

2 Hondas, xl 250, xl 500
1 Husqvarna WR400
1 Maico XC490
1 Kawasaki S3 400
1 Norton Commando 850?
assorted rupp mini-bikes
*not in that order

My first ride was a briggs stratton mini bike, It broke a lot, then at 13 a Honda SL70 like Rich said had more fun on that bike through the trails when I was a kid, then a 1986 Honda Shadow700 my first street bike, I remember thinking how big I thought that bike was first time I got on the street. and finally a 2002 Road King :bigsmiley24:

My last bike was an 07 Kawasaki Nomad that I loved. (But I've loved every bike I ever owned) It had only 26,000 mi on it when I traded it for my new Ultra. It was a tough decision, but what made me do it was that I had ridden an 09 Road King for a friend in the early spring and was impressed at how well it handled compared to any previous HD I'd ever ridden.Another reason is that at my age I don't know how many yrs. I have left to ride and I wanted to try something else.I work part time for a Dealer and get to ride most everything so I narrowed my choices by process of elimination 1st I wanted a touring bike of which only 4 appealed to me The Wing which felt cramped.
The Stratoliner,Rocket 3 Tour and the Ultra. It came down to the Rocket and the Ultra a real tough choice.:swoon Especially when my buddy has a Rocket and where I work is a Triumph dealer.:small3d029: But my wife helped with the final decision although she was OK with either. But the Tour Pak and fairing closed the deal for me. Oh and did I mention a great discount from a Dealer 75 mi. away.:bigsmiley11: So far were both very happy with our decision. 2100 mi. and resting for the winter.:laugh

Honda 90's when I was a young teen. And when I got my license it was Triumphs and BSA. and Whitworth tools"Ha Ha" and Zenor Diodes.

Back