free website stats program What boots do you like/wear and why? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What boots do you like/wear and why?

Dont know if this is still viable, when I lived in Minnesota state law stated if your job required you to wear steel toe boots your employer was responsible for 100.00 per year for boots or shoes, as a Sears employee I could go out to the sales floor and pick out steel toe engineer boots, at that time they were a quality boot, nuff said I always had a spare NEW pair of boots. You may check in your state and with your employer just because:D

Well wouldn't work for me, I am the employer. Long long before there were laws, we encouraged the employees to wear steel toe boots and would pay half the cost. I know when I was just starting out in the business, the steel toe saved my foot many times.

If you have a local dealer, I would suggest trying a pair of each on. Weight may be an issue with the ST model. Certainly more protection but these aren't lightweight boots to begin with.

Probably a very good idea but I don't have a local dealer. Still I can make some calls to the surrounding cities and see if they stock my boot in my size.

I didn't go overboard on price with my boots. They are Blytz short just over the ankle boots, leather upper, rubber sole with Velcro fasteners. I paid £60 for them (around $100).
They are warm in winter and feel comfortable in summer, easy to get on and off. I like them but they don't last very long. I ride about 8,000 miles a year just commuting, plus 4,000 for pleasure.
I have had 2 pairs in 5 years. Not built to last, but I have found them very comfortable.

just to bring everyone back....i hope the wives are not reading this or you are all in trouble...for me the latina will want another pair and she already has 3 so i am short a harley..... hate to see what would happen to Jack..remember the redhead has a handle here....:p:p

Back