free website stats program What boots do you like/wear and why? | Harley Davidson Forums

What boots do you like/wear and why?

Sunnysideup

I'm looking to buy another pair of riding boots. I recently purchased 10" high harness boots with no zipper and I just hate trying to get the things on and off. In addition I feel like Herman Munster wearing them. Anyone have a pair they really enjoy riding and wearing?

I have 2 different pair of Harley boots. My favorite pair is the Logger type boot that you lace but also has a zipper on the inside and a velcro flap at top to cover zipper buckle, which makes them great for putting on and removing. The thicker heal and sole makes me more confident wrestling a 800 pound Electra Glide. When riding and it is hot out, if I stick boots out on floor boards the wind goes through the laces and cools feet.
The other pair is just a standard pull on boot with the D ring.

Like dbmg, the only boots i wear while riding is lace up logger type and must have a side zipper. HD boots are overpriced imo, and stick to other high quality brand mc boots like X-element and Faded Glory. Get good durability from them for less $$$$.
WAP.gif

Red Wing's for me. Wear a pair nearly everyday. One pair I have had since the early 90's. New sole's needed once in a while. The best part is they are made in the USA. Most comfortable boot out of the box I have ever tried.

Hip boots yesterday....:lolrolling........Kidding....Im just wearing some inexpensive hd boots for now.:)

Redback Boots These are spendy but easy on and off very light weight, my Dr suggested them with my back problems, tho In do prefer my H D 16 inch steel toe engineer boots made in the USA by Red Wing I had forgot when I moved here to Florida 16 years ago I bought these and had them in the closet the whole time:s

My current riding boots are Chippewa Engineer boots. They are so so, and contrary to their ads are NOT made in America. You have to know how to order to get the USA made boots (if you buy online). Previous boots were HD branded steel toe harness boots. They gave good service but were way uncomfortable to walk in.

Maybe its just me, but I haven't had much luck with HD boots. Split soles and seperated soles. If i didnt drag my feet, that might help (not).

I'm sticking with West Coast ( Westco's) and North Carolina's. Westco's will re-sole when needed. You may pay more and its more work to get them on and off, but they will last.

My first pair of 18" boots are now 20+ years old. My North Carolina's are over 10. My gut gets in the way of lacing them up........and I'm lazy:bigsmiley25:
I use the Red Wings for in town scooting (quickies as I call them)

Terra work boots, Canadian made, because I need steel toes and dielectric protection for work and they pay 70% of the costs.

Don't wear rider specific footwear. And I'm cheap.:D

If I start getting too many different kinds of footwear, people are going to start calling me Imelda.:p

I always found motorcycle specific boots to be uncomfortable for walking
So i wear a good walking boot that is comfortable and water proof i do not like wet feet and it rains a lot here
My boots are lace up 8" boot that has a protective toe cap
Magnum Elite II 8 Leather WP CT Plate - Polimil
I like them and they work for me whether i am on the bike walking the dog but i have an old pair for digging the garden with

Brian

Back