free website stats program What boots do you like/wear and why? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What boots do you like/wear and why?

I always found motorcycle specific boots to be uncomfortable for walking
So i wear a good walking boot that is comfortable and water proof i do not like wet feet and it rains a lot here
My boots are lace up 8" boot that has a protective toe cap
Magnum Elite II 8 Leather WP CT Plate - Polimil
I like them and they work for me whether i am on the bike walking the dog but i have an old pair for digging the garden with

Brian

Need something comfortable to walk in when I get to work. I actually was wondering if I was going to hear the Bates namebrand mentioned. The kid that sells me ethanol free gas also rides and prefers his Bates boots over his tennis shoes. Grew up wearing Red Wings but the dealer that I dealt with in Augusta Ga basically only sells the Chinese made Red Wings now.

Redback Boots These are spendy but easy on and off very light weight, my Dr suggested them with my back problems, tho In do prefer my H D 16 inch steel toe engineer boots made in the USA by Red Wing I had forgot when I moved here to Florida 16 years ago I bought these and had them in the closet the whole time:s

Jack, those Redbacks look as comfy as bedroom shoes!

Winter I have a pair of old insulated lace ups with Vibram soles.
Summer time I wear tactical boots w/ side zip. Plenty airy to keep feet cool and dry fast when wet.

I ride with Wolverines without the steel toe - can get with or without. They are only around $60-70 bucks. look at Academy Sports or anywhere they are sold - Western stores too.

I always prefer the pullons to laceups. also they come in brown or black.

JUST DONT get ANY boot with leather soles - they are very slick on asphalt etc!!!
Just my 2 cents worth.

Bill

when riding in winter which i tend not to do now i wear an old pair of matterhorn boots which are very comfortable and warm it has to be deep snow before i do much walking with them as my feet will very quickly get very hot but for riding or standing about in the snow they are great and they are American made our pri managed to source these boots through the US system when we were in Berlin here is a link to i think the same boot or latest model of it
The Official Corcoran and Matterhorn Footwear Website: 12299: Mens8” Waterproof Lace to Toe Met Guard Prep Plant Boot

Brian

Redwing Worx, 6" leather laceup, steel toe, vibram soles. Comfortable to walk and hike in but a bit heavy. Redwing will oil and replace the laces for life although resoling will be on me.

Had a pair of Corbin 10" zipper boots for nearly 10 years. Wore out the soles and some of the stitching was coming loose, and the cost to repair was close to the price of the Redwings.

I am a big fan of redwings as well. I have a pair of the gore-tex, and thinsulate for cold weather, two pair of the 8" lace ups and one pair of the 6" lace ups. All have steel toes (required for work). All are Made in the USA. They are expensive, but as stated above, the most comfortable footwear I own!

Two weeks ago, my friends, wife , and I went over 1660 miles (Laconia, NH). I wish I had weatherproof boots! Looking for one now...

Red Wings for me! Like Bodeen says, comfortable right out of the box and these boots are actually worth the money to get repaired. I finally broke down about 20 years ago and spent the money on a pair of Red Wing work boots because my feet and lower back started giving me problems. They told me that the soles are designed specifically for the type of surface you are standing on.(concrete floor in my case). It worked like magic for the feet and back!! The price was hard to swallow but they remain comfortable and last sooooo much longer that they are actually cheaper than cheap boots in the long run. My shop just started to require steel toes and I made the mistake of not taking the $110.00(company pays up to $110.00) straight to the Red Wing dealer, and got a pair of Bates police style combat boots off the truck(no Red Wings on the truck). Feet have been complaining ever since. The company pays for our boots once a year, I have to tough it out until August.

Back