free website stats program Wallets w/ chains | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wallets w/ chains

It isn't the reason most use the bigger size wallet, but I remember wiping out on a corner. When I hit the frost covered man hole cover, I slid down the road on my wallet on one side and the checkbook on the other in a sitting position. Was kind of comical and I didn't get hurt.

Ha-Ha...never though of the road rash safety aspect. Chain just is a reminder that there is a wallet still in the ol' pocket...looks "cool" too...though I did shorten the chain a lot and I dont have a keyless fob to hang on the metal clip. :p

As for storage, folding one in smaller size is fine, the Willie G. Skull engraved on it, leather belt loop snap and metal clip are all well made and functional (had to shorten the chain by 3-4" because it was too long though).:D

They really are only good for preventing pick pockets. My Dad had to wear them as a route salesman for Pepsi when I was a young kid. The wallet is tied to the belt etc.

I agree with the previous poster, would be concerned about the chain dragging, hanging up or in some way causing a problem on the bike.

Admittedly a lot of chopper riding guys I have seen do wear them.

Started using a wallet with a chain about 25 years ago, and it had nothing do with riding a scoot. Almost lost my wallet , overboard, while on a fishing trip. The guy who's boat we were fishing from had one, and commented that since getting the wallet & chain, he had never lost his billfold. That was enough for me.

I think it all started years ago with hard tails. The ride was so rough, in the event of wallet coming out of pocket while riding you would not loose it.
I vaguely remember these types of wallets called 2 speed wallet. Not sure what the meaning was.

I use one and don't have a problem with the chain. I did pick up my friends wallet once when riding behind him. He didn't have a chain.

I think that the bike is the chain around my wallet. It seems wherever my bike goes my wallet follows.
Ken

Back