free website stats program Trying to adjust myself to new 2010 Ultra | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trying to adjust myself to new 2010 Ultra

I also am 5'7" and can not touch the ground. I have been looking into the rear lowering backet. I see a lot of people are against doing that on this site, but I have found at lease 10 Harley owners that did install the lowering kit on ultras and they love it.
My concern is would the tires hit the fenders on large bumps or hurt anything?
You will simply scrape, going around corners, much easier and sooner. You do not want to get up off of rubber and on to metal, when going around a corner at any speed. The results won't be fun. Lowering has been done, but you need to be a bit more diligent while riding, not to exceed your new, shallower, lean angle.

Enjoy,
Rich P

May also want to brush up on your riding technique to "stand" the bike up a bit more vertical in the turns and keep your body weight to the inside...that is how the pros learn to "work around" suspension and ground clearance issues. Just be careful of "high centering" the bike with heavy metal contact, which will unweight the wheel contact points...can't recover once the skidding goes sideways...

i am 5'-7" 155# 29" inseam i just bought a 1994 ultra classic. i have ordered some shorter travel rear shocks 1.5" drop from bitchin baggers and am going to buy the touring
lowering front end kit from harley davidson. she is a hand full with the wife on the back.
and i thought my 2004 r1150rt bmw was tough to manage at stops.

Back