Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Lucas

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 223 17.8%

• Total voters
I put the Royal Purple 75/140 in my tranny today and rode to work and back. Made a big differance in the smootheness of going form neutral to 1st gear for sure.

Glider is right.

I changed my trans oil to the spectro platinum the other day and even though mine is a 5 speed it has never shifted this easy or this smooth,i've tried them all and this is the best by far,the more i ride the better it get's,a little costly but well worth it.thank's for the tip.

I finally got out to ride my bike with the Spectro. I am pretty sure it was a great improvement. I had noticed that I can now shift the bike into neutral much easier when it is parked & has not been run. (I used to not be able to get neutral 'easily' that way).

So, today, I wanted to ride to work, but I'm not that tough, 37* in the driveway, 31* in a couple of spots along the way (35 miles is too much for me). I was being economical though, I drove the Blazer to work, then, for my lunch, I drove back home & parked the Blazer & got the bike. :s Where there is a will, there is a way.

At first, I didn't really notice any great improvement, but I figured it would get better as the bike warmed up. And it did! Since there was not much shifting after I left my driveway, I didn't notice it until I got off the expressway. The bike sounded real good, ran smooth, and the shifting was very smooth.....

I'm not sure how to describe the feeling other than it was smoother. I can still get a bit of the 'clunk' if I shift into first when I still have a bit of speed, (not much, but fast enough that I know I don't want to let out on the clutch going that fast)

Thanks for the recommendation Glider. Next ? Should I change the fluids sooner since I just recently put the new combination of fluids in the bike, or will I be okay to run it as is. The last 2 seasons, I only managed to get 2100 miles & 2400 miles or so respectively. We are planning on riding more this year and not flying as much.

I may be guilty of wanting to do the project again just to see how easy it really is. But, we are going to do hubby's bike this weekend. I might get my fix!:D

Thanks for the recommendation Glider. Next ? Should I change the fluids sooner since I just recently put the new combination of fluids in the bike, or will I be okay to run it as is. The last 2 seasons, I only managed to get 2100 miles & 2400 miles or so respectively. We are planning on riding more this year and not flying as much.

I would say with your miles traveled to do the change once a season. If you put more miles on the bike, then go by the accumulated miles then or follow your maintenance schedule.
No need to replace what you just put in there.

Glad you like the spectro.:s

Okay, here's the real Spectro test. I did the oil changes on the hubbies bike yesterday, we'll see if he notices a difference. Unfortunately, he hasn't had a chance to take it out for a spin yet. :( Maybe one eventing this week. I got mine out for about 20 miles today, not much, but better than nothing.

I'll let you guys know what his opinion is on the Spectro as soon as I hear it.

SO, I want to put Spectro for 6 speeds in my 08 to see if it will improve shift quality etc . I go to Spectro oil web site and use dealer locator. Dealers are not real close but thats ok, would be a nice ride, so I call the two closest dealers to make sure they have it and neither of them carry it in stock. They said "we can order it for you" but I want it now. It is easier for me to get Amsoil! How crazy is that?:bigsmiley30:

I switched from whatever was in the tranny to Amsoil 75w-90. I noticed the difference within just a few miles. The tranny is 1) quiet as a church mouse, 2) shifts smoothly, 3) no clunk going into gear, and best of all 4) I can hit neutral on the first try. My ride is a 99' RK twin 88, 5spd. I also switched the motor oil and the primary oil to Amsoil. I'll comment on those in the appropriate forum.

Update on Spectro....

I called my local shop that I have been dealing with forever and asked them to Order Spectro 6 speed oil for me and gave them the contact info for Spectro. What a great shop. They got oil in one day. I can't wait till work day ends so I can pick it up.

Also, The owner was skeptical about Spectro when I was talking to him and he was joking with me about it having all the key selling words in advertisement label. BUT, after talking to Spectro company himself, It looks as though this is a product he is probably gonna stock as most of the bikes this shop works on are american twins ( but he does work on everything) :D

Back