free website stats program Too cold for ya? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too cold for ya?

I try to get out for a short ride anytime it's above 32F and the roads are clear. But the last couple winters have given us too much snow, so even on the nice days I couldn't get out.

The snow blower only has two wheels, does that count? :s

Rides in much cold than that are not uncommon around here.
Every year we make a few 0 degree rides. All in what you use too.
There are a few in WI that with side cars rie all year even in snow storms.

When I lived in Newburg WI, up until June '08, there was a guy right across the street from me that had a side car attached to his FL. He rode that every day regardless of temperature, rain, snow, ice. I don't get quite that brave, but if I had a set of heated gloves, salt would be my only enemy.......

Hey all I just put mine up aweek ago,well maybe... for the time being. It was in the teens my last 40 mile or so ride, 12+ inches of snow and below zero days, have stopped me lately. But theres always hope for a for a meltdown day. Then i'll be back out. Think I better start figuring out a way to move from northern WI.

Notice
Deluxe rider seeking job in warmer climate.
May leave woman and kids for the right offer. lol:bigsmiley18:

28 degrees when I went to work today Brrrr:p

I can't believe that it is warmer here in Massachusetts in December than it is in Florida!! We are having so wacky weather for sure. I just read this mornings paper where California is bracing for yet another storm! :s

its never to cold to ride - if i can open the garage door i ride i have pics on here of my bike in the Snow same as Smitty, bad weather riding keeps the skills honed ready for the riding season, coldest so far this year for me -15C with wind chill yes i had ice on the bars/mirrors/Speedo/levers/Face :D i only ride with open face must get me a full face

Ha-Ha...being small and hairy keeping that pinky ring warm helps I am sure. Controlled sliding is another way to keep you warm too! :panic

Temps aren't the determining factor for me, it's living on the end of a mile long dead end road. Privacy is nice but the township I live in has a contract with the county for road maintenance that stipulates they will not come down here with the plow till there is more than 3" of snow. That generally means I'm snow packed and slippery all winter. We might get 2 1/2" on a Monday, no plow, 2 more on Wednesday, no plow, then a couple more on Saturday, still no plow. Makes for a treacherous drive. Right now we are getting freezing drizzle and a man could skate the whole road. All New Years Eve stuff in the area is cancelled, pretty nasty out. That's why I gotta get out of here for a while and head south.

Temps aren't the determining factor for me, it's living on the end of a mile long dead end road. Privacy is nice but the township I live in has a contract with the county for road maintenance that stipulates they will not come down here with the plow till there is more than 3" of snow. That generally means I'm snow packed and slippery all winter. We might get 2 1/2" on a Monday, no plow, 2 more on Wednesday, no plow, then a couple more on Saturday, still no plow. Makes for a treacherous drive. Right now we are getting freezing drizzle and a man could skate the whole road. All New Years Eve stuff in the area is cancelled, pretty nasty out. That's why I gotta get out of here for a while and head south.
Where the heck do you live jwinks?

45F here in VA New Years Eve. I rode about 80 miles. It's suppose to be in the 50's today but rain in the afternoon. I'm planning on an early ride. We can get 40-60F days anytime after weeks of 20 degree weather. This is my first winter with a bike and I refuse to put it away for the winter.

Back