free website stats program Too cold for ya? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too cold for ya?

In answer to the question....YES! Best I've done was low to mid 40's, only with the promise of 80's later in the day. I was pretty miserable, and if I'm miserable, I'm not having any fun. :(

So my riding days are pretty much over 'til spring. :s Gives me time to get the leg & shoulder back into tip top shape. :D

I think a lot has to due with the bike. I have a Ultra and don't get as much wind as my buddy that has a Sportster. I find 35 is not to bad if you have the proper gear. Ie chaps full face helment heated grips ect.

My lowest was 0F. So far I am still pretty "warm blooded" and I ride as long as there is no chance of ice or snow (dry roads). I have the Gerbing gloves and I hear Santa is bringing me the jacket liner. That will be nice as it should cut down how many layers I have to put on to ride in the mornings and evenings.

What I really enjoy is that there appears to be one other rider that that is as "crazy" as me. I have been passing him/her in the other direction, just about every morning for about 2 years. There are many riders during the year, but I have grown fond of seeing the number dwindle as it gets cold until there is just us left. I can spot that yellow helmet a 1/2 mile away and it lets me know I am not the only knucklehead riding at 6 a.m. when it is below freezing.

My lowest was 0F. So far I am still pretty "warm blooded" and I ride as long as there is no chance of ice or snow (dry roads). I have the Gerbing gloves and I hear Santa is bringing me the jacket liner. That will be nice as it should cut down how many layers I have to put on to ride in the mornings and evenings.

What I really enjoy is that there appears to be one other rider that that is as "crazy" as me. I have been passing him/her in the other direction, just about every morning for about 2 years. There are many riders during the year, but I have grown fond of seeing the number dwindle as it gets cold until there is just us left. I can spot that yellow helmet a 1/2 mile away and it lets me know I am not the only knucklehead riding at 6 a.m. when it is below freezing.
I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't thinking the same thing!:D

I rode home from the toy run in the snow last weekend. Weather wasn't too bad in the city. Up on the mountain, inch of snow on the ground. Not too bad. At least it was'nt freezing rain like last year.:cheers

I rode home from the toy run in the snow last weekend. Weather wasn't too bad in the city. Up on the mountain, inch of snow on the ground. Not too bad. At least it was'nt freezing rain like last year.:cheers
You mean you were riding in freezing rain last year? That must've been a hairy ride to say the least! I almost ended up on my backside when we had freezing rain in the early morning last week and I walked out on my slippery driveway to get the morning paper at the end of the driveway. I couldn't imagine riding my bike on that surface!

Probably gonna be high 30's Sunday morning as I leave for church and the warm up to middle 40's or so. We'll see, it may be my last venture into that temp. range but I'm gonna try it. I agree, it's the age thing and the blood thinner thing and the arthritus thing and so on. I bought my bike from a good friend who had it 6 yrs and put 1600 mi's on it. I've had it since March and have put over 4k on it. I bought it to ride. Don't spend a lot of time rubbing on it either.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't thinking the same thing!:D

Nice! I didn't think of that at all!:D

One of these days I am going to pull over in one of the emergency vehicle cross-overs and wave him/her down just to meet face to face once.

Back