free website stats program Too cold for ya? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too cold for ya?

I don't mind too much riding in the cold and a bit of snow (those were the conditions when I learned and took my test) but what I don't like is subjecting the bike to all that salt:newsmile042:
I know it's necessary but I hate that stuff getting into the hard to reach places of my bike and doing it's nasty oxidising thing....

I've ridden quite a ferw times in the 20's. Below that I'd really have to have a compelling reason to do it.

Manitoba winters we hit lows of minus 30 at that point F or C its cold. My frieind left Winnipeg in January one year trying to get Fargo he made to the border and fork seals blow out.

Coldest I ever riden in was 28 F from northern Bemijdi Minnestoa to Winnipeg took six hours. It was not fun.

Hands can't take the cold anymore

Manitoba winters we hit lows of minus 30 at that point F or C its cold. My frieind left Winnipeg in January one year trying to get Fargo he made to the border and fork seals blow out.

Coldest I ever riden in was 28 F from northern Bemijdi Minnestoa to Winnipeg took six hours. It was not fun.

Hands can't take the cold anymore
Same here. "Hands can't take the cold". And if I ain't having fun, what's the point? C'mon Spring!:p

I started riding in Wisconsin. I didnt have any heated electric anything, i just put more layers on (underarmour cold gear is a life saver). As long as there was not salt or ice on the road, and the low for the day was not less than 15 degree's, I was on the road. I did enjoy it because of all the crazy looks people would give me and the fact that I knew that I was doing something most other people would not.
Just remember, there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing!

Semper Fi brothers and Sisters!

Back