free website stats program timing sensor voltage | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

timing sensor voltage

I'm not sure if this could be the problem, but this morning I cleaned/re-gapped the spark plugs, and after doing so I decided to check the spark. When I checked the spark it is jumping all over. It's not jumping the center and groung electrode like it should be. Instead it jumps all around the ceramic insulation around center electrode, and I'm talking about 1/8" down the side of insulation. What would be causing this and how to fix it?

Looking over this post I don't see anything about meter checking your spark plug wires which should have been done a while back. In my mind I was combining your post with another recent one and I thought you already changed them along with the coil. But I now see that is in the other post, not yours.. Don't know what I was thinking & that's my fault...

At least check those wires with a meter.

Did you use a power wire wheel to clean the plugs.

Yep. Like a (Edit) I used a wire wheel and put a light metal coating all over the insulator. I will never do that idiot move again.

Thank you everyone for your help, the bike runs great now with brand new plugs that will never see a wire wheel.

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back