free website stats program Time for a new Tourer | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Time for a new Tourer

Looks like a sweet ride, I here you are having a mild winter, this is a good thing:s

I'm heading to the dealer this afternoon to finalize the paperwork and they will get the backrest and bars adjusted for me. It's 10 degrees with a 25mph wind so I won't be riding it home today, lol.

I'm still shooting for Saturday... Got the underarmour, full face helmet, chaps, winter riding gloves. I may try some of those heat packets in the boots. It's a 60 mile ride on the interstate. I'll be heading south on the way home so it has to get warmer as I go, right? :p

I've got a buddy with a trailer, but that wouldn't be any fun!

I'm heading to the dealer this afternoon to finalize the paperwork and they will get the backrest and bars adjusted for me. It's 10 degrees with a 25mph wind so I won't be riding it home today, lol.

I'm still shooting for Saturday... Got the underarmour, full face helmet, chaps, winter riding gloves. I may try some of those heat packets in the boots. It's a 60 mile ride on the interstate. I'll be heading south on the way home so it has to get warmer as I go, right? :p

If you can stand the cold watch out for black ice. I have ridden bikes home in MN in February in 88 and 92, Big smile on my frozen face:s

Trailers are for boats.:newsmile100:

Congrats, once you go Road Glide Ultra you never go back!

If it is 10°F outside, my bike is suddenly a boat! :panic But 60 miles in 48°F temps is cake - go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL... too funny. :lolrolling

Kind of a slow day at the Harley dealer... they should have gave me a better deal for keeping them busy for an hour. Got the handle bars adjusted and the back rest installed. I'll give it a try for while, but I'm thinking I'll be finding some replacement bars eventually. Got a couple free t-shirts, a tire gauge, and small detail kit. I was dumb and forgot to ask about the intercom headset until after we did the deal. Of course it was nowhere to be found so I'll have to buy my own.

I was a little annoyed with the service advisor... He said it was just serviced but that they put regular oil in it and I should bring it back soon for service. The prior owner ran synthetic in it, and the same service dept me told me you should never switch back and forth. (I guess that means YOU shouldn't but if you pay THEM to do it, it's ok).

I think I'll go back to doing my own basic services... used to do it all the time on my Fatboy, but got lazy when I got my Electra Glide, and let the dealer do it. I'm guessing the service intervals on the 103 are the same as the 96?

Thanks Tank, That is good to know. I'll be switching back to synthetic in the spring.

Looks like our winter blast is going to be around for a while. No riding for me anytime soon. :(

Yes it is addicting... The guys on the Ford pickup forum are worried that the Harley is taking priorty... I think they are right. :s

Don't know about the Ford Pickup forum but HDTimeline is a lot more fun with some great mods and members.

Back