free website stats program Time for a new Tourer | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Time for a new Tourer

I want a new Road Glide Ultra for the deal they will give me on the leftover Electra Glide Ultra. :)

Found out last night one of my buddies wants to sell his 2009 Road Glide. It's got the detachable tour pack and quite a few other goodies on it. I'm not sure I want to start out with 15k miles. It's spotless, well cared for, new tires, and he'd like to get close to $17K for it.
WAP.gif

If it's as well cared for as you say, 15k miles is nothing to worry about!

Well guys... it's definitely going to be the Road Glide Ultra for me... got a deal in the works now, I don't want to jinx myself and say it's done until the bike is in my garage. :p

I promise I'll let you all know when it's done, and of course, there will be a picture or two!

Thanks again for all the input, I really appreciate it! One of the many examples of how great this forum really is!

Well guys... it's definitely going to be the Road Glide Ultra for me... got a deal in the works now, I don't want to jinx myself and say it's done until the bike is in my garage. :p

I promise I'll let you all know when it's done, and of course, there will be a picture or two!

Thanks again for all the input, I really appreciate it! One of the many examples of how great this forum really is!

Excellent, you are gonna love it :cheers

Glad to hear you're working a deal on the bike you wanted & no matter how it pan's-out...in the end...if you're happy - that's the main point! :D

Ok, the bike is mine! Just gotta get the backrest installed, and then they will adjust the bars for me. Plan to do all that tomorrow. The hard part will be keeping my fingers crossed on the weather report. As of now, I might be able to ride it home this Saturday. Do you think the grin on my face will keep me warm for a 60 mile ride at 48 degrees? If not, they'll keep it stored for me as long as they need to.

It's a 2011 RG Ultra, Merlot Sunglo, has 8000 miles on it. It has a Mustang seat, and the chrome windshield trim, and the HD curved windshield... other than that it's stock. The guy bought it new last year, rode one season and decided to trade it in on a CVO.

Here are the photos! :D

Attachments

• RG1.jpg
    RG1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 63
  • RG2.jpg
    RG2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 46
  • RG3.jpg
    RG3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 41
  • RG4.jpg
    RG4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 45
  • RG5.jpg
    RG5.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 40
DakotaRob, Looks like you hit a home run.....:a
Congrats on the new steed and may you make many miles of smiles upon it....
Yes, I mean NO, you will not be cold in the 48 degree temp on the way home.....:s

With that warm and fuzzy feeling you are gonna have riding that new bike you will keep plenty warm for that trip home. Enjoy and congrats!

Ok, the bike is mine! Just gotta get the backrest installed, and then they will adjust the bars for me. Plan to do all that tomorrow. The hard part will be keeping my fingers crossed on the weather report. As of now, I might be able to ride it home this Saturday. Do you think the grin on my face will keep me warm for a 60 mile ride at 48 degrees? If not, they'll keep it stored for me as long as they need to.

It's a 2011 RG Ultra, Merlot Sunglo, has 8000 miles on it. It has a Mustang seat, and the chrome windshield trim, and the HD curved windshield... other than that it's stock. The guy bought it new last year, rode one season and decided to trade it in on a CVO.

Here are the photos! :D

DR: very (very) nice ride...congrats! I went to San Antonio on my 2006 EGC ahead of my wife on the bike and she followed the next day in the cage (she had to work). Went by Caliente HD to buy a T-Shirt and ended up trading for my 2009 (great deal, and great manager).

Anyway....the night before a front pushed through and dropped the temp to 40 degrees, all I had was my summer jacket and finger-less gloves (weathermen got it wrong). I didn't care, took off at 2:45 for a 4 hour ride back to Houston. I knew it was cold and I was feeling it, but was so excited and amazed at the differences between the 2006 & 2009, it was tolerable (just barely).

At a stop for gas, my hands were so cold that I could barely get the gas cap off, my wife followed me the whole way home (when she could catch back up with me), she thought I was nuts, but remarked at how happy I looked.

If you decide to ride it home today, just remember, your fingers won't act normal when clutching and braking, so compensate for that, and most of all, when you come to a stop, your legs won't work like you think they will (they may lose thier feeling), so be carefull when you put them down. Otherwise, just grin & bear it!

Awesome bike and awesome deal!!!

JMHO - anything above 40 degrees is no problem if you dress for it. Layer with some high tech Nike or UnderArmour winter stuff, winter gloves, balaclava for the face, chaps dor the legs, maybe even some of those heat packets for the boots.

Back