free website stats program Time for a new Tourer | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Time for a new Tourer

As far as the bars go I use Heritage bars. With me being 5'7" the bars come back to me comfortably and aren't so wide I can't make a tight turn with both hands firmly on the bars.

Thanks! I'm 5'9". It doesn't look like you can put any kind of riser on the RG either.

Here is a pic with me and a set of Heritage bars on my 08.

Attachments

• California Trip 2010 029.jpg
    California Trip 2010 029.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 89
Here is a pic with me and a set of Heritage bars on my 08.

Looks good! I wonder if anything with the bars changed with the 09's and up? I sat on an 08 RG a couple weeks ago at the dealership in Colorado Springs... I don't remember it being as much of a stretch as the 2012 I sat on today.

Then again, maybe that 08 had different bars on it...

Oh boy, I'll never figure out what I want at this rate... somebody decide for me!

(and whoever decides gets to buy the bike for me too)

Looks good! I wonder if anything with the bars changed with the 09's and up? I sat on an 08 RG a couple weeks ago at the dealership in Colorado Springs... I don't remember it being as much of a stretch as the 2012 I sat on today.

The frame was updated on the '09 Touring models but I'm not sure if this affected the seating position or the handlebars. Could be they're just put on at slightly different angles during assembly.

Oh boy, I'll never figure out what I want at this rate... somebody decide for me!

I have Heritage bars on my 11 Custom too. Feels the same to me as the 08.

Do y'all have any ideas on what a fair price on a leftover 2011 Ultra Classic would be?

I'm a little nervous over the thought of haggling with the dealer. The only new HD I bought was the 04 Fatboy, and back then, it was pay MSRP or the next guy in line was buying it. I'm relieved to not have to deal with the whole trade-in thing.

MSRP with freight and dealer prep is $22,499. They pretty much said they would knock $1500 off of that.

When I was in the dealer back in November for service, I was hanging out in the showroom and overheard the sales manager offer that same bike to a guy for $20,500, said he really wanted to get the last 2011 off the floor. I was actually surprised the bike was still there today when I went back, figured someone would have bit by now.

Go for the deal you have started to make on the left over, let them roll the bars back as far as they will go, fill it up with gas and get out there riding...
It being a new steed there will be many thing you will need to get used to...:s
Ohhh I can chip in a couple bucks........:lolrolling

MSRP with freight and dealer prep is $22,499. They pretty much said they would knock $1500 off of that.

When I was in the dealer back in November for service, I was hanging out in the showroom and overheard the sales manager offer that same bike to a guy for $20,500, said he really wanted to get the last 2011 off the floor.

Well then the $1500 off is a joke - they already offered someone else $2000 off. Just go in there all wishy washy about whether you'd be happy on a 2011 model and see how low they go. THEN start driving hard for a gift card or free services or a big reduction in the price of an extended warranty. Remember - EVERYTHING is negotiable!

Do y'all have any ideas on what a fair price on a leftover 2011 Ultra Classic would be?

Wait a minute now, I thought we had you sold on the new RG??:p

I too went with the Heritage bars and being 5'8" they are working great for me.

Ride the Ultra Classic AND the Road Glide (Ultra) on the same visit and then make up your mind which is the better bike for you.

I want a new Road Glide Ultra for the deal they will give me on the leftover Electra Glide Ultra. :)

Found out last night one of my buddies wants to sell his 2009 Road Glide. It's got the detachable tour pack and quite a few other goodies on it. I'm not sure I want to start out with 15k miles. It's spotless, well cared for, new tires, and he'd like to get close to $17K for it.
WAP.gif

Back