free website stats program Tail of the Dragon Overrated? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the Dragon Overrated?

Just wanted to mention those who collect pins the 3 H.D dealerships Maryville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg each have 1 piece of a set of 3 which when put together make up a nice dragon pin . I believe each segment is approx $3.00 .

We have found the dragon to be fun if you ride defensively and are alert to oncoming and overtaking traffic. The police have slowed traffic done alot so now it's more of an enjoyable ride than having a crotch rocket meet you in your lane while he's running 70. It happened to us. If we hadn't been riding near the white line, there's a good chance we would have been taking an ambulance ride. I think if folks want to gauge their skills and enjoy scenery, then by all means, do the dragon, hellbender, Cherohala adn the BRP. BUT if you just want to see how fast you can go and have no regard for safety of yourself or others, then please do us all a favor and go do a track day somewhere. I've ridden it during the week, weekend and on the 4th of July. Afternoons seemed better to me as well.

Ride safe

Bubba

Just thought I might add my two cents. I personally loved it... My wife and I rode it last month and had a great time. But I do agree with the fact of going earlier in the day before 10, and doing it during the week.

Rode the dragon in august on a wed. no mayham just anice ride

Did the dragon last July for the first time, loved it :ap

Got the boy to come up from SC and meet me in Robbinsville to ride it in Oct. He couldn't get enough of it. Plan on many return rides.

Go during the week
Go in the morning, but after any wet spots have had a chance to dry
Run at a speed comfortable to you
DO NOT SIGHT SEE, pay attention to the road

Above all, enjoy yourself and be safe. You'll want to go back again.

For the more experienced rider the Dragon is a little overrated but for the novice rider it is awsome. It gives you a chance to learn how to lean into curves and the view is spectacular! I have seen guys I ride with scrub their footboards from leaning but if you can keep your cool it is nice. I attended an Abate motorcycle class here in Ga. many years ago and the test was riding the dragon. Our instructor explaines that if you could manage the Dragon you can pretty much handle anything.

Anyone planning a trip to the dragon this summer? I wouldn't mind trying it out but being a new rider it may be safer to ride with others with more experience.
How bad would the ride be for a sportster? I bet my Butt would go numb before I got to north Atlanta hahah! :rofl

yeah I hear ya on the meat markets down here in Ga! We have some of the best lookers in the U.S. , I think it's got something to do with the water Hahahaha! Next time your in the area check out the Chetah or the Gold Rush and stay far away from Blazing Sadles and Girls R Fun if they are even still open. My brother in law lived down the street from Girls R Fun when he was in Georgia Tech and we went there with his room mates one night for the heck of it. It was a dive full of crack heads and what looked to be homeless strippers, but we should have know that before going in since the club was a converted gas station....

Back