free website stats program Tail of the Dragon Overrated? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the Dragon Overrated?

HighMiles,

Where is Hwy 28? I plan on doing the Dragon this summer. Not too far a ride from Greensboro. Tracy

The Dragon is a must do for anyone. Just remember to "ride your own ride" and watch out for this guy" The Yellow Wolf, he has probably put more miles on the "Dragon" than anyone else.

Here's where you can get all the info you need about the Dragon. Tail of the Dragon

All I can say is the camera carrying photog/rider is sure doing a number on his undercarriage...there were some places where he scraped so hard it was unsettling the bike, we could have just as easily been watching a video of rider tossing his hardware into the weeds...:small3d023:

All I can say is the camera carrying photog/rider is sure doing a number on his undercarriage...there were some places where he scraped so hard it was unsettling the bike, we could have just as easily been watching a video of rider tossing his hardware into the weeds...:small3d023:

Those things you rest your feet on are really there to warn you that you are reaching the cornering limit of the bike. If you have all the metal on your pegs or floorboards, You just aint workin it hard enough!

Seriously though, this guy has been a professional dirt and road racer, so before you try anything like this take an advanced (I mean really advanced) riding course and practice, practice, practice!

HighMiles,

Where is Hwy 28? I plan on doing the Dragon this summer. Not too far a ride from Greensboro. Tracy

It leads to 129 coming from Maggie valley.

Dir_Asheville.jpg

HighMiles,

Thanks,I'll keep that one in mind when I go. I plan on doing the Dragon and the Cherhola (sp?) Hwy. Tracy

Just got back from the Tail of the Dragon, sure was a blast... I would also tell people to ride it at their own pace. Scraped a few time myself. We rode it late on a Wednesday afternoon with not much traffic

Hwy 119 over Black Mountain in Kentucky was also a great ride, we also rode 421 that ran from Virginia to North Carolina that was also a lot of fun.

Hwy 7 from Lead Hill in Arkansas down to I30 was not bad, a little tame compaired to some of the roads earlier in the week. The rain helped make it a little more exciting.

WOW, what a video! That said, my ride through the Dragon was a little different. (Meaning slower) I would agree it is a must do if your in the area. But I would agree it is over rated. Lots of other places, even in the area I would rather ride. But that is all a matter of opinion. I enjoyed my ride there. I much more enjoyed the colorado and montana rocky's. :)

We just got back Saturday from up in that area. We rode the Dragon both ways. Not to say it was a bad, but there are plenty of places to ride without having to worry about a crotch rocket running up your tailpipe. The up side is the burgers at the stores on both ends are pretty tasty:D

Back