free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Changed engine oil from Dino to M1-Vtwin 20-50 at 17, 500.
Now have loud tapping from right side of engine, loudest during
exceleration, and also at 70 MPH.

Suggestions on what to look at would be greatly appreciated.

I hear you should go to about 5000 mile before going to synthetic, that lets everything seat good before giving it the slick stuff. Anybody else heard this?:wall

I hear you should go to about 5000 mile before going to synthetic, that lets everything seat good before giving it the slick stuff. Anybody else heard this?:wall

The how come CVO bikes and many high performance cars come from the factory with synthetic oil?

made the change to syn motor oil (mobil1 15-50) at 20K. now at 43k. still usin formula + in primary and tranny. considering changin those to mobil1 syn gear 70/90 and 70/140.

Yes I've heard this but change to synthetic at 1500 was recommended. They stated as one of the factors was everything needs to seated and that synthetic was very slippery stuff. Having said that I thought during the break-in process I would see more indication of wear on the magnets of the plugs. In a word it never happened IMO.

Back