free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Just a side note to all you synthetic users.

Make sure your oil is blended with a Group IV or Group V base stock, both of which are synthesized or man made.

If you synthetic oil comes from a Group III base stock, this is just nothing but a highly refined petroleum product.

My .02.

Ken

Just a side note to all you synthetic users.

Make sure your oil is blended with a Group IV or Group V base stock, both of which are synthesized or man made.

If you synthetic oil comes from a Group III base stock, this is just nothing but a highly refined petroleum product.

My .02.

Ken

CORRECT......

Many don't know this.

MY choice is Redline synthetic... Redline is "One" of the Very FEW that have a group V rating...

signed....BUBBIE

Bought my '02 Hugger with 12,300 miles on it. Previous owner had used HD 20W50 Dino and Formula+ in the primary/trans. I've stuck with it and change both every 5000. I've got over 30,000 on it now. The Dino does the job and I like the cheaper price.

CORRECT......

Many don't know this.

MY choice is Redline synthetic... Redline is "One" of the Very FEW that have a group V rating...

signed....BUBBIE

Can you names the other "Very FEW that have a group V rating..."? Thanks! :bigsmiley12:

Read some where that Synthetic should not be changed until 5,000. Said something about letting the engine seats and gaskets settle before changing. Don't know if this is true, but waited till my 5k service.

I recently bought my 07 Sportster with 12,600 miles at the local HD dealership. No service records available, so I went ahead and just changed the filter and oil with HD 20W50 and filter. I will move to M1 V-twin 20W50 @ 15k miles.

Back