free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 14 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Bought my bike used and changed oil right away. Used synnthetic and still change every 3000 mi. $12 more and still 1/2 hr. in garage. worth it imho.

I tried synthetic in a V-Star 650 Yamaha. Switched around 10k and it leaked like a sieve. * I bought the bike used.
* It had some work done but I don't know why.
* Great bike for a starter bike.
Everything is the same with my 04 Road King only I will not chance the switch.
* I bought the bike used.
* It had some work done but I don't know why.
* Great bike for a starter bike --- and a better keeper.

I found that synthetic oils sometimes leak through the base gaskets. Though they provide good lubrication, they seem to be too thin.

Well I made the change over today with 27000 miles. Hope I have no issues!
Send an oil sampl to Blackstone labs,,,,,thye'l tell ya just how good your inards are Hookm um up on the web and the'l send you a free collection kit,,,,,looks like a urine test kit,,,in abiut 3 days:D:p :D

I've since gone to Valvoline VR1 dino.....synth is too noisy for me and the dino quiets it down by 50%.

Bought a used 03 Screamin Eagle Road King with the 103 from a local dealer a couple years ago. He told me all the lube in it was synthetic...and if I went back to regular oil he would find me and burn my garage down with the bike in it. Good enough for me! No problems.

Back