free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Now that i'm changing my own and saving a ton or money...

Case and critical fasteners every 3,000 - Primary, trans, clutch adjust, and rear tire every other service. Front tire every other rear tire. Brake pads every other front tire. (Unless something gets worn out before that)

Using Spectro 20/50 in the case with K&N filter, Spectro 75/140 in the prim/trans.

i am with you spectro...wowie!:small3d026:

Out of interest:

Had a service done on my Sportster (2009 model)a few weeks ago. Had Mobil 1 in it from the last oil change which I did. The guys at my dealership are really nice lads but they do not accept oil from customers to put in the bikes - I could have a big fight about it but I don't want to.
So - it's dino HD oil.

I have Mobil 1 20/50 in my garage which I will put when I do the next oil change myself in about 2.5K miles.

I don't think it's a big deal in the modest temps of England to run dino for a cupla thousand miles but knock me down guys if I'm wrong :hii

Just to add my two cents i just did my 1,000 mile with Mobil 1 20w50 all three holes. on my past bikes i always used HD oil but to be honest i am a little tired of feeding the MoCo my $$$

Just thought I'd throw this in the pot...My dealer is happy to put in whatever oil his customers want at the service,he just wants to keep his customers satisfied(does however,tell you about the choices of oil available)
How many know of dealers that dont???

Out of interest:

Had a service done on my Sportster (2009 model)a few weeks ago. Had Mobil 1 in it from the last oil change which I did. The guys at my dealership are really nice lads but they do not accept oil from customers to put in the bikes - I could have a big fight about it but I don't want to.
So - it's dino HD oil.

I have Mobil 1 20/50 in my garage which I will put when I do the next oil change myself in about 2.5K miles.

I don't think it's a big deal in the modest temps of England to run dino for a cupla thousand miles but knock me down guys if I'm wrong :hii

cedarbrook63 should you be going back and forth on oils ? from synthetic to dino to synthetic ? Ive always heard that's not a good thing to do and that it should be one or the other and stick with it, or no big deal . Tim

Back