free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Let's get an idea of those that are using synthetic oil in the engine just when you changed over to synthetic oil. It's not really that important what brand you used but how many miles you had when you put in the synthetic oil.

This should be interesting.
A harley motor needs to break in first without synthetic oil & that takes 5000 miles !

A harley motor needs to break in first without synthetic oil & that takes 5000 miles !

Based on what experience do you make this statement? I'm not looking to "Flame" or argue --- just wanting your imput concerning your statement.:57:

Based on what experience do you make this statement? I'm not looking to "Flame" or argue --- just wanting your imput concerning your statement.:57:

I guess the CVO bikes don't come with "harley motors," since they come from the factory with what HD calls a synthetic oil.

Royal Purple 20-50 @ 1000 miles the first go-round
after the bottom end rebuild Royal purple 20-50 @ 1500 in engine
ATF tranny fluid in primary
Havent changed tranny fluid yet but it's about due with the new tranny thinking of Royal purple 75-140.

Back