free website stats program Surprise!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Surprise!!!

The exact same thing happened to me right after I had my break in service done. When the mechanic heard what happened he tightened it up(I happened to be close to the dealer when it happened).But he thought I or somebody was messin around with it(yeah right).So much for goin over every nut and bolt.

Morn'n,

The first thing I do when I get a bike that has the heel shifter is remove it
and move the front toe shifter up one or two teeth.
I like the little added space on the floorboard. More comfortable.

ride safe

twoup

Hello Again

I don't want to remove my rear shift lever I find the rear shifter very convenient I can hardly fit my boot under the front lever because the fairing lowers hit the front of my boot DURING UP SHIFTING

BuffaloBILL

Afternoon all,

I had the same issue last year on my 08 Ultra but was lucky enough to find it, took it home tightened or at least what i thougth was tight and was going down the driveway and it fell off again.

You can tighten that bolt all you want and all you can but your not going to pull that steel together enough to make a difference or help i had to pinch the end closed a little with a vise and have not had a problem since.

Ron

Morn'n,

ride safe

twoup

That is exactly what I did and for the same reason. With the thick sole and large toe on some riding boots I thought it would almost be mandatory.

mine fell off on the way home from the dealer when I bouight the bike, got lucky and found it on the side of the road, bike was new with 11 miles on it, you got it right................. SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'am a member of the lost shifter club, same thing happened to me. When mine came off had just up shifted after coming thru some twisties, out in the sticks, luckily a fellow biker came by, with just enough tools to put it on, after retrieving it some ways back hidden under leaves. Had'nt had the bike less than a week.

Morn'n,

ride safe

twoup

I need to move my shifter up a notch or two also. Can barly get my boot under it.

The exact same thing happened to me right after I had my break in service done.

I've never lost the whole peg, but I have lost the peg that bolts onto the arm. ...

I had the same issue last year on my 08 Ultra but was lucky enough to find it, ...

mine fell off on the way home from the dealer when I bouight the bike, ...

I'am a member of the lost shifter club, same thing happened to me. ...

Hmmm! I sense a pattern!!!

I lost the ball stud where the linkage attaches about 6 weeks after delivery. I now check it every couple of weeks or so. The blue loctite works 'cuz it hasn't loosened yet.

Not much value from the dealer prep fee! :nosad
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2388
The exact same thing happened to me right after I had my break in service done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglew55
I've never lost the whole peg, but I have lost the peg that bolts onto the arm. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetNavyHD
I had the same issue last year on my 08 Ultra but was lucky enough to find it, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlab1
mine fell off on the way home from the dealer when I bouight the bike, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martillo
I'am a member of the lost shifter club, same thing happened to me. ...

Hmmm! I sense a pattern!!!

I lost the ball stud where the linkage attaches about 6 weeks after delivery. I now check it every couple of weeks or so. The blue loctite works 'cuz it hasn't loosened yet.

Not much value from the dealer prep fee! :nosad
Scott

I see a pattern forming too, you guys must be riding Harleys :lolrolling

Back