free website stats program Strange weather | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Strange weather

I pulled it out of its resting place yesterday and washed it then this morning i polished it with a well known brand of furniture polish however i did an oil change on the softail late yesterday and wanted to get it nice and warm to verify oil levels etc
so if the weather is good again next weekend ill perhaps take it somewhere and get one or two pics

Brian

Today for jockp i went to findochty pronounced finnechty and took a couple of pictures of the harbour and beach and stopped on the way home at sandend pronounce snine and got the wee harbour and the beach

Brian
Thanks for posting the pics Brian.My brother-in-law's Dad's house is the smaller one on the right,of the two white houses at the far side of the harbour directly above your front wheel in pictures one and two.I take it you were parked in front of the pub.

Thanks for posting the pics Brian.My brother-in-law's Dad's house is the smaller one on the right,of the two white houses at the far side of the harbour directly above your front wheel in pictures one and two.I take it you were parked in front of the pub.

Aye i was fairly close to the pub, when i was young only a few years ago finnechty was a dry town it was still in the grip of religion so there was no alcohol on sale anywhere and, that is a nice pub on a fine summer evening

Brian

Beautiful country. If I'm lucky I'll get to see it in oerson one day and if I'm even more lucky I'll get to ride it too! Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Strange weather! it is April 18th and we had snow today, more coming tonight.
So much for global warming
You get it COLD and we call ours Cold but ours would be Very Mild for your area..

Over here on the West Coast of Wa., we have a Low off the coast drawing COLD air down from Alaska down thru Canada and Snow unheard of this time of year also... Helicopters were flying over my place to show the people who live in Seattle that WE got SNOW.... (foot-hills)

Usually highs here would be 55 to 68 degrees and fair riding weather... 20's at night and 40/45 day

Now down in Az.(SE corner) where I have a place, It has also set record LOWs..

A big Freeze that lasted for several days Very Unusual, Killed off a lot of the cactus and other plants in my area..(winter of 2010) day temps kept at 19* for several days and colder at night.

Don't know about further North in Az. where Tank resides but down here it was Bad..
Most housing, whether lived in full time or snow-birded had some pipe problems.. Usual older type housing is of the type that doesn't get built like it should and water pipes are Not wrapped in insulation as needed for the every 100 yr. type freeze. The Power was off for three days during that freeze...
So while I'm here this spring in Wa. I get a call from geezer in Manitoba and he said "going for a ride today"..... I said NO WAY, It is TOO Cold... No he says,,, Not you,,,, I'm going... If I can get the bike around the ice and snow on my walks and drive..

Man I thought he was Nuts..... I remember geez saying it was 30* below "0" not long before he took that ride...

Now I'll take this Bad Cold Weather we have Here in the NW any time..

BTW, geez did get his bike out for That ride,,, Then even a couple More times since... BUrrrrrrr

signed....BUBBIE

I was down at South Queensferry today.There was a weird fogbank floating between the Forth bridges.Here's some pics.

Attachments

• Photo0029.jpg
    Photo0029.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo0030.jpg
    Photo0030.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo0031.jpg
    Photo0031.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo0032.jpg
    Photo0032.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo0033.jpg
    Photo0033.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
Aye that is a strange looking bank of fog last couple of days we have not seen any sun as the haar has drifted in off the sea hopefully the wind will change and the haar will be gone for the weekend

Brian

Today for jockp i went to findochty pronounced finnechty and took a couple of pictures of the harbour and beach and stopped on the way home at sandend pronounce snine and got the wee harbour and the beach

Brian

Brian
what happened to the cat?? Great looking photos, sounds like your going to start trading photos with Jack :D:newsmile108::newsmile108:

Back