free website stats program Sta-bil vs seafoam | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-bil vs seafoam

01 Sporty stored in the unheated garage. Full tank of Shell V Power (no ethy for this grade in Canada). Proper amount of Seaform. Run it through the system.

Come spring, starts first push of the button. When I bring it out in the spring, I do try to run the tank dry and toss in a fresh tank. Suppose I could drain it and just use the fuel in the mower. Never had a reason to go through the trouble.

Cheers.

01 Sporty stored in the unheated garage. Full tank of Shell V Power (no ethy for this grade in Canada). Proper amount of Seaform. Run it through the system.

Come spring, starts first push of the button. When I bring it out in the spring, I do try to run the tank dry and toss in a fresh tank. Suppose I could drain it and just use the fuel in the mower. Never had a reason to go through the trouble.

Cheers.
I don't use the seafoam but after reading about it I'm thinking about giving it a try.
I do the same as you with the Stabil that I add. I leave it in all winter and run the gas out of it as soon as I can so I can add fresh gas to it. I never bothered either to add it to any other vehicle. I suppose if i were to do that I would add it to a full tank of gas in my van. That way there it would be well diluted.

Seafoam
25% Cleaner>Naptha
60% Stabilizer>Kerosine
15% Oxygenate> Isopropyl Alcohol (common Rubbing Alcohol)

Sta-Bil MSDS sheet says it is 95% Naptha (you know, white gas/starter fluid/mineral spirits, etc. type of fuel distillate), and 5% "proprietary ingredients".

I think most fuel has some of these additives in it already. Sta-Bil claims that it bonds at a molecular level to prevent the fuel from forming varnish over time. They look like pretty much the same stuff to me.

I use Stabil

none of them as I ride all year long. Does, not matter if it is rain, snow, sun or cold. THe only time I do not is if there is ice on the road...

Back