free website stats program Sta-bil vs seafoam | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-bil vs seafoam

BOWHIKER

In your opinion which do you think is better for winter storeage , I have both so I can use either one .

Sea foam if it were me. Over the years (about 10 years) that I've been using it, I've never has a gas related failure. It is a great stabilizer as well as a fuel system cleaner. The bad part about seafoam is it has doubled in price over the last few years.

In your opinion which do you think is better for winter storeage , I have both so I can use either one .

Sta-bil for storage. After adding be sure to run bike a bit.
Seafoam for occasional cleaning..

Which ever I would be filling up with non-ethanol gas if you can find it, and then add either one to the tank, and make sure some gets all the way through the system, and keep the tank topped off over the winter.

SeaFoam. The local boat storage place stopped using Stabil because when evaporized it left resisdue in the carbs/injectors that really messed things up in spring. They have since changed to SeaFoam, no problems. And they do alot of boats, so it must work or they wouldn't risk it.
wilks3
:USA

Last edited:
I pour "Seafoam" and red can "Heat" into fuel system, have benn doing this for many years with no fuel related issues. Hope this helps

I use sea -foam in every tank ,but for long term storage with all the ethanol based gas I would use star tron. I have had great results with both.

I use Seafoam all season & add Sta-Bil when putting scoot away for winter sleep. Seems to work well for me. StaBil had gone up in price, but our local Auto Store chains seems to have it on sale pretty often...that's when I load up for the year.

Well , a lot of different opinions for sure but I think i'll stick with sta-bil for winter storage . I do from time to time add seafoam to the gas during the summer . I've used sta-bil the last 2 winters and never had any problems with start up in the spring .

Back