free website stats program Sta-bil vs seafoam | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-bil vs seafoam

Sorry in advance.
None of it! Fortunately I never ever put my bike away..........:D

None of the above...you guys need to use Opti-2. By far the best product out there for any gas motor.

whats opti-2?

2 Cycle oil? :small3d031:

getimage_new_56944_1.asp

I ride year around so I have never had to use anything in my Harley, however I use Seafoam in my boat and have never had any problems.

I use Seafoam all season & add Sta-Bil when putting scoot away for winter sleep. Seems to work well for me. StaBil had gone up in price, but our local Auto Store chains seems to have it on sale pretty often...that's when I load up for the year.

Agree with Iceman here, these 2 products are very good and IMO will not hurt if run in tandem:s

Being in SoCal and ride virtually year round use neither...use Berryman's Chemtool once in awhile. Used Stabil in my lawnmower...only because of convenience...only recently did Sea Foam start being carried by more automotive shops locally, so I can not may an honest call, but many have stated they like this product which is very popular in the midwest.:a

I use Sta-bil in everything and has always worked with no issues.

It was recommended to me to use the Marine Sta-bil, especially with the ethanol gas to help with the condensation issues. I am still using up the regular formula, but use the Marine formula in the boat.

Once the regular is used up I am switching over to the Marine Sta-bil to see how it works in the bikes.

Any thoughts?

You folks that put up for winter...you add a stabilizer to your tank. Sorry for the stupid question, but, that old tank of fuel is not used in spring right? You drain and replace with fresh, before spring flight, no? I'm just curious.

Enjoy,
Rich P

You folks that put up for winter...you add a stabilizer to your tank. Sorry for the stupid question, but, that old tank of fuel is not used in spring right? You drain and replace with fresh, before spring flight, no? I'm just curious.

Enjoy,
Rich P

That is a very good question with the alcohol based gas we now have:s

Back