free website stats program Sta-bil vs seafoam | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-bil vs seafoam

You folks that put up for winter...you add a stabilizer to your tank. Sorry for the stupid question, but, that old tank of fuel is not used in spring right? You drain and replace with fresh, before spring flight, no? I'm just curious.

Enjoy,
Rich P

It's not really necessary to drain the fuel if it has stabilizer in it although it wouldn't hurt anything doing it.

You folks that put up for winter...you add a stabilizer to your tank. Sorry for the stupid question, but, that old tank of fuel is not used in spring right? You drain and replace with fresh, before spring flight, no? I'm just curious.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I add Sta-bil in the Fall and syphon the tank in the Spring. Put in fresh fuel for the Spring start-up and use the old gas in the garden tractors.

I've had no troubles using Sta-bil... yet.

I add Sta-bil in the Fall and syphon the tank in the Spring. Put in fresh fuel for the Spring start-up and use the old gas in the garden tractors.

I've had no troubles using Sta-bil... yet.
Seems like a good idea. Say, did you move away from Douglas, Ma.?

That is a good idea , I've always been too cheap to think of that I'll bet the mower would really mow with 91 in it .

Put mine up with sta-bil for the winter. Don't drain it in the spring as after the long winter that gas is out rather fast. A little seafoam in the second tank and once in a while after that.

For RibEye - nope...never had any problems running "aged/treated" fuel through in spring. Seems to be no problem w/most who stabilize & store.

Ride year round, so I don't have to do anything special. I run SeaFoam every other tankful in the bikes. I use Sta-Bil in the gas cans for the lawnmower year round. As recommended here, (I'm almost out of SeaFoam), so I'm gonna try Marvel Mystery Oil instead. Tracy

Back