free website stats program Sound like a scam? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sound like a scam?

I;m selling my 96 custom sportster .. Got a text message to contact them at a yahoo.com amail and this was there response"

Hello,
I am happy to hear that the item is still for sale,Thanks for your response,I am working as an engineer on a oil platform now with Tee Kay Corporations ,I insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking,but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it.I will like to ask you the following questions.

Are you the real owner?

What is the present condition?

How much is the final asking price?

Do you have PayPal ID which payment can be made to? I am located at Maryland and i do have a shipper agent that will come over for the pick up if that is okay by you.

Email me with your pay pal invoice for payment. I will be looking forward to read from you asap

Best Regard
It is a scam! I got several of these type of message when I was selling a bike on Craigslist. I answered one of them with a threat to alert the police and got a reply back from the same email account as if I had replied that I would send the info. Funny thing was the email was signed with a different name. It was pretty obvious to me that they didn't even read the email, just assumed that I had answered their question about the condition of the bike! RUN<RUN<RUN!

Back